• July 17, 2018, 12:14:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GT250 new clutch acble  (Read 234 times)

BalintHU

• Learner rider
GT250 new clutch acble
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »

Hello guys!

My old clutch cable had felt loose. So i've ordered a new one from Hyosource.
But the new cable (They said its for GT250) doesnt fit on my bike (clutch felt "loose"), 2004 GT250.
The new cable is longer with a half inch (1/2 inch /or/ 1,5 cm). Does the cable faulty ?
Am i the noob? And should to give it a second try tomorrow to fit it.

Yes, i've tried to adjust it at the "hard adjust" spot at the back of the engine, then adjusted it at the handlebar.

Thanks!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: GT250 new clutch acble
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:26:00 PM »

Is there an adjustment connection in the middle of the cable as well?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

BalintHU

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »

No, the cable is a one piece simple cable with an adjuster rod at the lower end.
Totally OEM, came in Hyo package.

https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1202&zenid=gifbrei8ti0eiter48h5od6530

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »

Whenever I get problems with any parts from Hyo I just send them an email and they will normally reply with an answer and a solution .
Let them know that it doesn't fit . Sounds like you have ordered the wrong cable .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

BalintHU

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 05:37:19 AM »

Thanks guys!
Hmm, i will give it a second try at the afternoon after school just to be sure because yesterday i was very tidy maybe i didnt give it enough attentipn, but I will send them a question what's next if it doesnt fit at all, because the package says for GT250 too, and the parts numbers are match with the upper linked one.

The second problem is, i ordered it from february, for spare parts, so i dont know how they will handle it as an old order's problem.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:41:28 AM by BalintHU »

BalintHU

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:47 PM »

Fitted, but not too simpatic, almost no option for further adjustment at the lower end, only left 0,5-1cm.
At the upper end it's about half way.

BUT my clutch is retarded... 😂
If i adjust it, and give it 4mm freeplay cant change to neutral with a running engine when stopped (nothing change at this point) AND from 1st to 2nd it has a huge bump noise. IF ADJUST IT TO 2MM i can take it to neutral, and the gear change is smooth all through the gears.

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:48:23 PM »

Looks like you have it sussed .
Although it's marked as a 250 clutch cable , is it the correct year ?
Some have adjuster actually in the cable and some don't , you have to adjust them via the lever or operator on top of the clutch .
Have you tried adjusting the operator on top of the clutch , if you need more movement ?

BalintHU

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 05:38:09 AM »

As i said, i`ve adjusted it behind the rear cylinder, it just not to simpatetic for me, there arent to much adjustment left, then adjusted it at the levver. AND if i let there 4mm freeplay the geae changes a bit hard and loud, but if i let there 2mm freeplay, i could find the neutral with a running engine while stopped, and gear changes are a lot easier. And i worried to left it as tight because the manual said 4mm....

Neither my new or old cable has a "middle" adjustment option, only at the clutch, behind the rear cylinder and at the levver.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:42:51 AM by BalintHU »

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 06:03:09 AM »

The only problem you may encounter if there is not enough free play is clutch could be partially engaged causing your plates to slip and cook.
It happened to me before and I had to let it stand for an hour to cool and then re adjust it. I just lost gears but luckily it was OK after adjusting it.
I have plenty of free play after that episode.

Pages: [1]