• May 24, 2018, 10:23:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hyosung gv250efi. #1 fuel injector not spraying..need help  (Read 267 times)

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
Re: hyosung gv250efi. #1 fuel injector not spraying..need help
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »

. flashed ECU 8.

How did you flash the ECU?
What ECU model/brand?
Problem sounds like ECU?

What else has been done to this bike?
Was the engine running ok before? ie, did the engine suddenly loose power or has some other work also been done to the engine.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Christianleon266

• Crown Service Technician. 80's bike enthusiast.
  • Training Wheels
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »

Hi shana467,

Assuming the connectors are the same on each injector (I don't own an efi bike), swap connectors. This will enable your bike inoperable (Don't try to start it), but if the EFI is similar to the ones I've dealt with, you will get a brief pulse when the key is turned to on before cranking. This should determine if the ECU is the culprit or not. If the non-squirting injector moves with the plug relocation, I would pin the ECU. If the non-squirting injector stays put, I would be eyeballing the connection from the fuel pump to the injector, assuming you verified that injector swapping showed no movement of the problem at all.

If swapping connectors makes you uncomfortable, I would remove the lines and recheck for any blockage. No blockage and flow verified from both injector fuel lines = Bad ECU or an open connection between the injector and the ECU. Open connections can take many forms including undue resistance between connector end points, bad contact between the connectors themselves or even a loose or broken solder joint inside of the ECU.

Just some food for thought.
2007 Kawasaki KX250F
1984 Yamaha Virago
1982 Honda V45 Sabre
200? Suzuki LTZ400
1996 Kawasaki ZX6R
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250
1984 Honda V65 Magna (Favorite)
1982 Kawasaki KZ750E
2005 Suzuki M50
1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
2007 Hyosung GT250R (Current)

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 12:42:19 AM »

If you do decide to swap ECU's , best bet would be to try your dodgy ECU one on another bike that is working rather than just putting the new one on your bike .
If it is not the ECU , the fault on your injector circuit (if there is one) could end up frying the new ECU .
If you don't have another bike to swap it , you'll just have to bite the bullet and fit it .
Good luck either way .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: 1 [2]