• July 23, 2018, 08:49:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down  (Read 206 times)

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:55:04 PM »

HI guys,

Still have this random issue with efi randomly cuts out while slowing down.  I've checked the spark plugs & they're OK, I've thrown in the whole bottle of efi additive, changed the R/R.  lubed the clutch cable, changed the kickstand switch

This only happens when I pull in the clutch while slowing down/stopping. or stop start in traffic. I'm always able to start the bike right away, bike idles at 1800 but it does sound that 1800rpm is a bit low.  The idle does sound like it's too low.  I've looked at how to adjust the idle, as I'd like to bump it up slightly to 2000rpm & hope that this stops the random cutting out.  The service manual I've downloaded states not to adjust the idle & it shows 2 screws where each of the idle adjustments are on both sides of the bike.  My bike only has 1 on each  side (there's no hole for a 2nd screw as per the manual).

How do you adjust the idle?  I'd be more than happy to upload photos but I can't find the option to attach photos :(

Any help would be appreciated as I've no local dealer & no garage near me wants to touch hyo's (they've a bad rep in Canada)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
Re: 2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »

Late I know, but the idle should be approx. 1500rpm.
Sounds like the gear selector switch (left side of engine crankcase, see manual) or the clutch lever switch.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
Re: 2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »

Late I know, but the idle should be approx. 1500rpm.
Sounds like the gear selector switch (left side of engine crankcase, see manual) or the clutch lever switch.
That is spot on with the gear selector switch which could be a dodgy switch or even a dodgy ground on your bike.
I had the same thing but it should bring up the FI light whilst doing this , it did on my bike .
It will just cut the engine out which it did when I was doing over 175 K's which is not funny .
C31 is the code you should get .
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:12:08 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1]