• May 24, 2018, 10:16:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down  (Read 83 times)

paul gv250

• Training Wheels
2013 efi piglet random cuts out while slowing down
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:55:04 PM »

HI guys,

Still have this random issue with efi randomly cuts out while slowing down.  I've checked the spark plugs & they're OK, I've thrown in the whole bottle of efi additive, changed the R/R.  lubed the clutch cable, changed the kickstand switch

This only happens when I pull in the clutch while slowing down/stopping. or stop start in traffic. I'm always able to start the bike right away, bike idles at 1800 but it does sound that 1800rpm is a bit low.  The idle does sound like it's too low.  I've looked at how to adjust the idle, as I'd like to bump it up slightly to 2000rpm & hope that this stops the random cutting out.  The service manual I've downloaded states not to adjust the idle & it shows 2 screws where each of the idle adjustments are on both sides of the bike.  My bike only has 1 on each  side (there's no hole for a 2nd screw as per the manual).

How do you adjust the idle?  I'd be more than happy to upload photos but I can't find the option to attach photos :(

Any help would be appreciated as I've no local dealer & no garage near me wants to touch hyo's (they've a bad rep in Canada)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Pages: [1]