• August 22, 2018, 03:07:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clutch wont fully disengage  (Read 119 times)

Bweat

• Training Wheels
Clutch wont fully disengage
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:26:55 AM »

I have a 2007 GT650R. I have had power issues since i purchased the bike. This past week i tore the bike apart looking for the culprit. I believe i found the issue which is the clutch will not fully disengage. The lever will not spring back after i release the clutch.  Its basically item 20 wont spring back and and its the shaft item 23ish that wont come back unless i manually move it from the photo. I have searched google and forums but cant seem to figure it out. Is there supposed to be a spring that brings that shaft back to engage the clutch? Any help would be much appreciated. http://www.alpha-sports.com/hyosung/GT650_S_R/10.gif

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Clutch wont fully disengage
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:06:28 AM »

There is no external spring or such.

Basically the springs on the pressure plate hold the tension on the clutch to stop slipping, when you pull your lever a rod pushes against those springs and releases the tension on the clutch plates.

From memory i think there is a little adjuster inside the pressure plate for fine tuning.
So your either gonna have an issue with the clutch cables/the internal adjuster or your clutch pressure plate springs are shot. Thats all there really is to engage/disengage the clutch.

Pages: [1]