• October 21, 2018, 11:40:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exhaust Squeak  (Read 170 times)

pumbaa

• Forum Addict
Exhaust Squeak
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »

I have a 2012 EFI with 10500mi.

For the last year or so I have noticed a squeak coming from my exhaust. Sounds like this:

https://youtu.be/oGmKfjyUnb8

Not my video, but it does it at idle just like this. Also when it is revved and the engine is decelerating and it is backfiring. I hadn't noticed any performance issues. Until recently. I replaced the RR with a Mosfet. While doing the voltage check there is a little flat spot at 5k rpm. Its hard to keep the rpm at 5k. When I ride on the freeway, traffic is around 74mph (indicated stock digital display) the bike kind of lurches speeding up and down. At first I thought it may be TPS. But it checks out in voltage and ohms. My 2008 carb GT650 had a similar issue at same rpm. It was caused by the stock air filter coming apart and falling into the airbox blocking the intake. But it would bounce around so the engine would lurch. Beginning to think a muffler baffle is loose and is blocking the air flow causing a similar lurch. Also stock exhaust has hot spot discolorization on the chrome ends. Anyone come across this before?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:36:49 PM by pumbaa »
2012 Hyosung Comet GT650
2016 Ford Focus

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Dojy_biker

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Exhaust Squeak
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »

couple of options come to mind:
exhaust valve too tight (just) or carboned up = occasional blowby
exhaust system leak = extra o2 sucked into exhaust causing secondary burn of gases
Fuel mixture too rich / new airfilter needed = over rich mixture causing slightly slower burn, gases still burning when entering exhaust system
***Solution looking for a problem***

Pages: [1]