• June 18, 2018, 04:05:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sad Day But a New Beginning  (Read 318 times)

LX_SS

• Regular rider
Re: Sad Day But a New Beginning
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »

My drag pipes are off at the Ceramic Coaters to be redone. The chrome on them was pretty shit with rust etc...
But a free set of pipes + ceramic coating is still less than half the price of the cheapest set of pipes i can find.
Also to quite down the pipes cause they are simply ear bleeding loud, i've made up a set of baffles for them. I got to test them briefly as i was in a rush to get them all sent off, They tone down the exhaust a lot and actually make it sound a lot better, more of a nice deep tone and about 10x less loud than straight pipes and thats before the muffler packing goes in.

Here's a pic of the straight drag pipes. Before coating (will get pics after its back to me).

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 06:33:11 AM »

What’s the deal with modern chrome? Why is it so catastrophically shit?

Modern panels and paint are a country mile ahead of the stuff made in the ‘good old days’ but for some reason chrome has gone backwards.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

LX_SS

• Regular rider
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »

Cause today everything is done on the cheap and it all has to be eco-friendly. Well the old shit might not have been eco-friendly but you only ever had to do it once whereas now days you need to do it once per year.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 08:44:02 AM »

Couldnt agree with you both more. The price of rechroming around me has always been more expensive than a new part. Whilst working on a friends e-type we asked for one or two bits to be rechromed, paid through the nose and the quality was totally crap, so much so we bought new parts than to have them redone again. Gone are the days of sending a full box of bits to be done for a few pound and being able to polish them every week without fear of rubbing through.

LX_SS

• Regular rider
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 12:14:11 AM »

So early this week i heard back from the ceramic coaters, they tried to blast off the rest of the chrome and where it was peeling was no issue but surprisingly the rest of the pipes are coated in a 'good quality' chrome. So they have to be sent off to the electro-plater to be chemically removed. Its not a huge cost about $40-50 more so i'm still in a good spot regardless of them doing this.

The biggest advantage with me doing these drag pipes over 95% of all other pipes i can find is most of the others use the stock front cylinder pipe which goes half way, then they use there own pipe for the rest and rear cylinder.
These drag pipes are new 2 1/4 pipes all the way from both cylinders all the way to the rear.

Also whilst mucking around with the bike, there is some things i do need to do. Example is get a 650 rear shock in it as mine is non adjustable(even tho i have an adjusting spanner in the toolkit ????? bizzzzaree).

When i was playing around with this i took off the rear seat and pillion pegs and oh my, the bike has a completely different look again.

Just can't wait to get the pipes back, put in the new main jets and pilots and have the hypercharger on. Hoping this coming week the pipes get back to me. But cant be 100% on that :-(

Pages: 1 [2]