• October 22, 2018, 03:24:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gv650 won't idle off choke  (Read 219 times)

650fella

• Training Wheels
Gv650 won't idle off choke
« on: May 29, 2018, 07:42:19 PM »

Well guys this is my daily ride 2008 gv650 carburated , bikes been running great as long as I've had second owner just over 16000km, I left work early spent 6 hours at hospital rode home late so didn't cover it rained that night and next day so didn't get covered that weekend went to go for ride Sunday to work 930 am and she fires right up warmed up got 2~3 blocks away and she bogged down and stalled out ,turned around got it home assumed spark plug recess collected water as its showed similar symptoms twice before once after wash, once in rain storm .good and dry at this point try again same symptoms, fires warms up (not quite as fast as usual), choke off can ride to end of driveway let of throttle idle drops chugs and dies, gas tank emptied new gas, carbs disassembled and cleaned, boots good, petcock flowing, compression good. I'm going to try new wires and plugs but scared of having to pull engine and remove heads to check valves any ideas guys thanks

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Gv650 won't idle off choke
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:13 PM »

Don't think it will be the valves buddy. Sounds electrical - water in connections. Coils could be failing as well. Sometimes it's worth getting to every electrical plug, pull them apart and coat in dielectric grease.
You also may be on the right track with the ht leads. They can get shagged and become porous over time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:54:02 PM by Sid »
2011 GV650

650fella

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

Thanks will try this immediately after bikes back from my buddies whom did carb (he is very well acquainted with engines or wouldn't be touching, trusted before 9 out of 10 shops in my book)

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:02:14 PM »

Nice one. Let us know how you get on. If no improvement, just get back to us here..
2011 GV650

650fella

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »

Found a big hose off bottom of sorrow and that helped greatly between that and going over all connections I can find its not doing it now, first ride today in weeks,  now I just have to find out where so off these other hoses go, anyone able to get good pics of hoses on airbox or a diagram,  thanks guys

Pages: [1]