• December 19, 2018, 02:15:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: another introduction  (Read 384 times)

Byrddawg

• Training Wheels
another introduction
« on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »

Hello.  I have a 2007 GV650.  I bought it brand new.  I really like the lines of the bike and how it rides.  That is when it is running.  I have not had a great experience owning it.  I do not think that it is because the bike is of poor quality, but rather the small mom and pop dealers in which I have had to deal with because there are no established dealers around me that work on or carry Hyosung.  My latest example was the dealer that did a carb overhaul and cleaning, replaced the petcock, spark plugs and carb boot, charged me what I felt to be quiet high, and then didn't even fix the problems I was having.  I sent it back to him the next day under the pretense DO NOTHING TO THE BIKE UNTIL YOU NOTIFY ME WHAT THE DIAGNOSIS IS, but he later called and said it was ready again.  I went to get it and he wanted another $350.00 for cleaning the carbs AGAIN!  I drove it home and after a couple of days it started running like crap again.  After going through the carbs a few time myself and getting the same results as the dealer, I decided to check the "new" plugs he had replaced.  And there was the problem.  He never tightened the front cylinders spark plug.   Any way, that is my experience with the bike, and now I need help as the bike is still not running quite right, and I am hoping some guys here can help me sort this out so I can finally enjoy the bike.  And just a heads up, if you read the thread I am about to write giving my current problem, and it seems a bit long, please bare with me, because I have spent hours looking on the net an have probably confused myself with information overload.  Well that is me and my GV650 in a nutshell.  Thanks for having me.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Christianleon266

• Crown Service Technician. 80's bike enthusiast.
  • Regular rider
Re: another introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

You're going to find that dealer support is indeed hit and miss as you would believe ( and have experienced). I live in Arizona and I don't even have a dealer, so I have to order my parts direct and do all the service myself, but I happen to be comfortable with. I wouldn't have paid the person. I hate dealerships, and I especially hate small ones because you either get get fantastic personalized service or fantastic personalized buttf*cking due to them probably being tight on money and lower on sales.

The more detail you can spare the better, I'm pretty good with carbed stuff despite not owning your bike, I have a 250R. Hope you find the help you are looking for.
2007 Kawasaki KX250F
1984 Yamaha Virago
1982 Honda V45 Sabre
1996 Kawasaki ZX6R
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250
1984 Honda V65 Magna (Favorite)
1982 Kawasaki KZ750E
2005 Suzuki M50
1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
2007 Hyosung GT250R
1991 Honda ST1100 (current)

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
Re: another introduction
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »

Hey buddy and welcome.
Your best bet for a solution to your problem is to just ask in the relevant section.
Nobody here will read a war and peace.
Just go there, list your faults and ask.
Easy.
Take care and welcome   :)lii
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1]