• June 19, 2018, 09:29:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bad fuel economy  (Read 77 times)

GRIMM56

• Training Wheels
Bad fuel economy
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »

I recently purchased a secondhand 2010 gt650r with roughly 12000 km on it and have had nothing but problems with it so far, when it's working it's been brilliant but it doesn't last long before something else inevitably goes wrong, I've replaced a few broken parts and had it serviced. My main issue at the moment is my massive fuel consumption, on an full tank im lucky to get 150km if I'm being really careful, no matter what fuel i use it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've been to most of the mechanics and bike shops within about 80km of me and none of them will even work on hyosungs

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

2turbos

• Learner rider
Re: Bad fuel economy
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »

Does it smell badly of fuel when you ride it?
What color are the spark plug tips, should be light grey or light brown.
Is the plug color the same on both?

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 01:43:43 PM »

Your fuel consumption is pretty shocking .
Is the bike running OK , does it accelerate and get up to full speed with no problems . How does it sound , does it over rev or just sound normal ?
Any strange noises coming from engine / trans ?
To be using that much fuel there must be a smell of unburnt fuel ? Could also be a fooked coil or lead and that is why we need to know what the performance is like and how it runs . Does it run rough ?
I would have thought you must have a fault with ECM or injectors unless the engine is foobar if coils and leads are OK that is (there is lots of info here on checking coils) .
Need more information like are any of the plug tips wet ?
Don't normally like long posts but you need to start putting an essay including every bit of information you can think of that may help  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:53:24 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

LX_SS

• Regular rider
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »

That would have to be more than a bad coil, or at least a multiple of things inc coil.
To drink that much fuel (which is 50% more than normal almost), it would have to point to bad/stuck injector or something of that nature.

Pages: [1]