• July 16, 2018, 03:09:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clicking noise and Neutral light  (Read 154 times)

Drivechain01

• Training Wheels
Clicking noise and Neutral light
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:52:59 AM »

Hi everyone.
I just picked up a 2010 GT250R EFi with less than 1000km on the odometer.
The first thing I noticed that was off was the neutral light. It doesn't bother me too much being a light but has anyone else had this issue and is it an easy fix?
The second issue popped up today. It was a sunny/rainy day today and I took the bike to work when it got caught in a heavy storm that quickly passed. It was mostly dry when I got to the bike after work but when I inserted the key there was a clicking noise coming from under the pillion seat. It sounded exactly like the turn signal so I turned on the turning lights and the clicking was in time with the lights. I turned the turn signals off and the clicking remained. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Clicking noise and Neutral light
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »

Neutral light is probably a globe .
If there was a problem with the neutral switch you would know about it (as in you would not be able to start it  :o ).
Your other problems might be water related.
Try taking the pillion seat off and spraying all your relays whilst in situ with CRC/ WD40 .
Should do the trick  ;)
Let us know how you get on .
We are here to help .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:58:29 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »

If it was me though , I would whip off the seat , pillion seat and rear plastic fairings and check it out properly .
You can easily get to all the relays when you have removed the above .
There are plenty of drawings kicking around and it's not that difficult . The electrical system is quite simple on these bikes . One of the reasons I like them so much .

Drivechain01

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »

I took off the seat and sprayed the connectors with water disperser. It was still clicking the next morning when I put the key in. After leaving the bike in the sun while at work the clicking went away.

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »

I took off the seat and sprayed the connectors with water disperser. It was still clicking the next morning when I put the key in. After leaving the bike in the sun while at work the clicking went away.
It was water and it has just dried out .
You will have to see how the water is getting in and seal it or it WILL happen again .

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 04:44:02 AM »

Drivechain,

Yeah, it's just water in the flasher relay.

If it annoys you too much, replace the flasher relay with a sealed version.

Be aware that you might have to swap two wires around in the connector if you want to use a standard flasher relay, as is used in most cars. It's a simple job, you just need a really thin screw driver to push two of the pins out of the flasher relay plug and swap them over. I can't remember exactly which wires though, as it was years ago when I did this.

My flasher relay also used to click at random times, so I replaced it when I upgraded to LED indicators.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]