• September 23, 2018, 09:34:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help me out, my little Hyo scares me  (Read 416 times)

BalintHU

• App developer
  • Learner rider
Help me out, my little Hyo scares me
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »

Hello guys!

I have a 04 GT250 with 50k km at the clock. Overall the bike is in a really good shape.
But about a week ago she's sharted to make a little "clicking" noise, but only at 4500-5500rpm almost at the "flat spot". The interesting fact in this !!really low volume noise!!(Only hear it with ipon visor and city speed) , it's coming when the bikes get enough warm, after a ~ twenty minutes of riding.

Any idea what could it be ?

Some info:
---------------------
Used Motul 5100 10W40 from 32,000km to 50,000
Now use Motul 7100 10W40 from 50,000 -> now(50,300)
She did it with the 5100, but get more quit with the 7100.(almost unhearable but it's there)
She got a new front tensioner at 47k km.  (Only asked the mech to take a look at it... he changed it... but he said the old one is in good condition too)

The bike in the hot weather about a week earlier before the little noise started, has run a bit rough at high rpm (8-9,000) and was like one of the cylinders made one or two missfires. (Then left the Shell Premium 95 fuel and this thing gone)

She hasn't got any strange noise on deaceleration.

The bike has totally good and pretty well sound at idle. But if u  rotate the trottle -> and u reach 4500 this noise come but way quiter than "on load".
It's better to light a single candle than curse the darkness.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Help me out, my little Hyo scares me
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 04:16:17 AM »

Arcing?

Check your spark plug leads for cracks, burns, or rubbing marks.

Also check the spark plug boot.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 04:18:03 AM »

...maybe also a pin hole exhaust leak.

Idle your bike and then put a rag in the exhaust. If it doesn't stall, you have a leak.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »

Don't use the wrong fuel again. The engine's ECU is tuned to 91RON.
95 will just throw your hard earned money out the exhaust as carbon and unburnt fuel.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

Don't use the wrong fuel again.
Yeah and you use the wrong fuel AGAIN and we'll send the hit squad after you  ;D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:30:50 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

BalintHU

• App developer
  • Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 05:59:37 PM »

@HyLife, here at Hungary, there isnt any kind of ron  91 fuel. There are only ron95, 98, and ron 100.

The fuel wasnt my problem, maybe have a leak at the exhaust pipes , dont know.
But this annoying sound is still there. I fear it will be a bearing somehwere, but my dad and my when we try to figure it out what is this noise, always turned out to it cant be a rod bearing or a camshaft bearing(this one was checked 2k kms ago). Because we onlly can hear this "click-click-click" noise when the bike is totally warmed up, for xample after a 15-20 minutes of ride.

Any idea ? :(
It's better to light a single candle than curse the darkness.

Bounzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »

Ops just saw the answer to my question. Did the mech check valve clearance? If the distance between the valve stem and the crankshaft increases you'll hear a clicking sound. If this is the problem and you added a thicker oil (like you did) the clicking should be much less (that's btw the only thing those additives for old car engines do to allegedly "smoothen the engine idle and reduce noise"). Do you think you can pin point the sound a bit better? You can ex have a friend rev it and use the pipe/"hammer-screwdriver"(where the metal rod extents to the end of the handel), put one end to the ear and 1 end directly on top of each cylinder (side is fine) and on the clutch side, you'll be able to hear the clicking much louder that way

No there is no issue running a higher octane on a injection engine then recommended by the manufacturer. The ECU should have parameters in place that'll adjust accordingly otherwise you wouldn't be able to use this bike at anything over 1000 feet over sea level, so don't worry about that. This is of course not without limits, ex a octane 100 would probably not be the best choice if you're going very much above sea level (over 1000m - 3100 feet)
Using a lower Octane than recommended is however bad and will risk knocking

It sounds like you're from EU, like me. What we have as Octane 95 is called ron91 in Australia and USA, can't remember why, but it's exactly the same fuel
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:49:32 AM by Bounzy »

Bounzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:05:33 AM »

Octane quicky:
Higher octane need more O2 to burn properly, at sea level O2 is high and the ECU will recognize the more potent burning petrol and decrease injection time at lower rpms, while the at high rpms it now has the means to push a bit harder
Lower octane needs less O2, fuel consumption at sea level will be slightly higher. At higher altitudes this is needed since a the ecu would already be pushed to the boundaries of it's parameters. A more potent fuel would then have an adverse effect, reaching the ECUs limits faster/at lower altitude

So it depends on where you are in the world and how you ride, bikes in general runs rather high CR and should therefore benefits more from higher octane than cars, but when tested in practice the differences is so ridiculously small i would say, just run the minimum recommended, which, like said, is Octane 95 (in EU) ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:07:12 AM by Bounzy »

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »

Recommended fuel for a GT650 is 91 RON, 87ish in the US.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »

Recommended fuel for a GT650 is 91 RON, 87ish in the US.
I always use the cheapest unleaded for my cheapo bike  ;D
91 for me every time .
Why mess with something that works  :o ?
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1] 2