• July 16, 2018, 11:04:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Performance advise  (Read 378 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Performance advise
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 01:56:57 AM »

In my experience, I think your expectation of the power gain is too high.

You will get more torque in the middle, but not at the top.

Extra timing = maybe 1 ~ 3 hp depending on where in the RPM range.
Head port/polish will means more air available at high RPM, but you will lose torque at the bottom.
Velocity stacks will give you better swirl at low and middle RPM, so you might gain some of that low end back and maybe get another 1 ~ 3 hp total.
Thinner gasket to increase compression, this is interesting, but still, another 1 ~ 3 hp.

Total, that's 3 ~ 10 hp, IF you tune for it correctly. Stock is 63hp at the wheel.

LX_SS has a good point. DL1000 or SV1000 engine. Enough torque to move a house.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Bounzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

But does the SV1000 engine fit or do you guys mean just as a bike?

Edit: i do VERY dearly hope a 10% increase in CR will give me the same as when i do it on cars, so i very very much hope you're wrong about that part at least. Well in the end i'm gonna go do dyno power run, so time will tell

You must understand, here in Denmark we got a whopping 150-180% import tax on bikes. A SV1000 does in this very min cost about 6000-6700 or $7000-7850. A hyosung is truly a dirt cheap bike here! Messing a little with it and spending a little on it is not an issue.

Besides, i'm doing this because i think it's fun. I've owned SS class bikes before, but they are very perfect they way they are, messing with them is a high rollers game. I got this because i wanted to start actually building on my own bike, cause there is nothing like the feeling of pulling away from someone on something 5x as expensive, that you build yourself  :D Yeees, when i presented myself as a tuner i'm dead serious  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:28:07 AM by Bounzy »

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 02:24:07 AM »

The power your chasing in NA form is going to get expensive.
Your other option is forced induction with stock/low comp gt650 motor to get you your goal.

The SV1000 donk will get you those figures you want off the bat. Bolt in no, it doesn't but its very close too its not hard to fabricate the mounts to suit. If your comet is the same frame/swingarm as the 2010 efi gt650r then it will handle the power quite fine as they are quite strong(be it a bit heavy also). Plus benefits of better build quality, stronger and smoother gearbox etc...

SV1000 2005 = 90kw/123hp, 102Nm torque

No matter the work esp in NA form you will never see that.

If you can find a SV1000 engine for 1k or under (a DL1000 is the same motor with touch more torque and less hp, different cams/tune), then you've already come out cheaper.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 02:32:04 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJv0-R-hQY

thats a force induction GT650R that isnt too over the top. Think he has another vid for 11.6 1/4 mile with a slipping clutch.

Bounzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 02:36:59 AM »

LX_SS, i see, well yes, then that's a real option!!! I can go to Germany and get a bike there, can get a slightly damaged one for under 1k easy

Yeah, you're absolutely right NA hp is usually very expensive to chase and that's not the goal here. The goal is to make a thread with, maybe not easy to make, but cheap mods that basically are just simple optimizations.

Running a turbo on it would kill the fast responsive feeling that i love and besides would require me to drop down to about 10,5 CR to ensure 0,4-0,5 bar boost not kocking.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 02:42:06 AM »

I could expect from doing a few minor tweaks, say the following :
Woodruff key timing, thinner headgasket, light head port/polish, full exhaust, tuning. You could get 10hp more and be happy with that ??

If so that would be fine and no issue. You'll still be about the same reliability and you can use things like sv650 ebc kevlar clutch.

But chasing anymore power than that you'd be looking at the other options. To get near 100hp mark if not more.

Other things you can do is weight reduction. That would greatly add to the feel of the existing or minor increase your chasing. Lighter wheels, lighter swingarm, etc....

There are options but it just depends which way you want to go about it.

I'm just putting them all out there for you to decide :-D

I still would like to one day get another GT650R and as i have a spare GT650R frame sitting about (can't be registered tho) if i ever come across a SV1000 donk really cheap i know what a future project is.

Bounzy

• Training Wheels
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:44 AM »

Hehe cool  ;D

Well i'm still putting my money on CR increase, going from 11,4 to 12,5 on a car would seriously net me 10%. I'm gonna be sooo disappointed if i don't get at least 7,5% out of that alone  :'( Damn i do surely not hope you guys are right, but it's become clear to me, not gonna be betting on reaching 100 bhp without cylinder resizing and a pro dyno tuning session

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »

You get that result on a car because you have the cubic inches in the motor to allow for that increase.

I.e. Imagine bumping comp up on a 50cc, gonna give you a touch but still sfa.
Then try that on a 6000cc V8, see the increase.

Larger the engine the bigger the increase from mods, in general.

spit051261

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »

Just buy a H2R  8) and stop wasting your time trying to get super power out of a Hyosung
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 07:02:32 AM »

Whilst on the topic of just buying a h2r.

If i purchased a 2 seater rocket, literally. Would you go on the one way ride with me spitty ????

Pages: 1 [2] 3