• December 17, 2018, 02:29:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Motorcycle won't start  (Read 369 times)

rlrosario

• Training Wheels
Motorcycle won't start
« on: July 16, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »

The other day I took my 2009 GV-650 to get some gas. After filling up I got back on my bike and tried to start it and nothing. No noise or anything.

Initially I figured it had to be either some sort of electrical issue or a problem with the starter motor.

Since then I've:
checked the fuses
checked the battery
bypassed the kickstand switch

I found that I can start the bike if I use a wrench to bypass the starter solenoid. That led me to believe that it was a problem with the starter solenoid. So over the weekend I replaced the starter solenoid with a new one I bought from Amazon, and still nothing happens.

I don't own a multimeter, so I still haven't checked to see if the issue is somewhere inbetween the ignition switch (button) and the starter solenoid. I also haven't checked the clutch switch.

I'm a poor college student so I thought I'd ask for any advice before I sink anymore of my money into troubleshooting.

Thanks for reading!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Motorcycle won't start
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »

The clutch switch does sound like a good suggestion. ..and it's free to check.

Simply unplug the two wires from the switch connectors and connect them together. Yep. That's it. Nothing fancy.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

rlrosario

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 03:26:19 AM »

Thanks, umop. I connected the clutch switch wires, the bike still wouldn't start.

Fortunately the issue has been solved. The old and new starter solenoid were both faulty. I found this out when a friend with a multimeter helped me troubleshoot last weekend. I ended up buying another starter solenoid from Hyosungwholesale.com. Once I installed the new solenoid the bike started right up with no issues.

Below is the link to the Amazon seller (Lubaisheng) that I had bought the faulty solenoid from; buyer's beware I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1GSUR6QOCZ9BO&merchant=A1GSUR6QOCZ9BO&redirect=true

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »

Id be tempted to use a Suzuki one to try it out and see
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]