• October 22, 2018, 02:14:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I need help fast. ECU? GT250 2013  (Read 139 times)

tylerjone45

• Training Wheels
I need help fast. ECU? GT250 2013
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:12:01 PM »

So last week I took my comet gt250 on some trails.  On my way home I stopped by the car wash and very gently sprayed some of the big dirt clumps off.  I then drove home and a couple hours later I tried to start the bike and it caught fire under the seat. The wiring harness had burned every single wire together, and the regulator/rectifier had a buldge in the back. along with the battery being melted. 

So first thing I replaced was the wiring harness. Replacing the harness allowed the bike to start about 5 times, but it ran like crap and then it wouldn't start anymore.  All the lights come on and it turns over, but the fuel pump wont prime. 

So I got the multimeter out and tested everything.  All the relays tested out good off the bike.  But on the bike there was no power going to the fuel pump relay or turn signal relay.  Just the main relay was coming on. And everytime you tried to use a turn signal it made a horible electric noise. I tested the regulator/rectifier and thought it may be the problem.

So I replaced the regulator/rectifier.  Replacing the regulator/rectifier helped some, it made the horrible turn signal noise go away, and replacing it resupplied power to the relays.  But now even though I have power to the relays, the fuel pump still isnt receiving power

What do you all think?  does it sound like the ECU got fried during the fire?  If so does anyone know where I could get an ECU for cheaper than $300? if not what do you all think, Ive tested everything I think I could..

Any ideas just lmk,  if you want me to test some stuff with the multimeter let me know and I will get back at you with an answer.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

tylerjone45

• Training Wheels
Re: I need help fast. ECU? GT250 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »

This is my only vehicle atm.  Any help to get back on the road would be great.

Pages: [1]