• August 21, 2018, 11:13:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mystery fuel leak.  (Read 439 times)

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: Mystery fuel leak.
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »

Another quick look today and found the fuel gauge sender unit bolts a little loose. I got a whole turn out of each and nipped them up. Still no evidence that that may have been the cause, but maybe some fuel got forced out that one time when the tank pressurised?

I'll just keep an eye on it now.
2011 GV650

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

KINGCARLOT

• Training Wheels
« Reply #21 on: Today at 04:53:01 PM »

I have a 2009 efi, and had the same problem, pool of fuel, panic stations shut it off composed myself and couldn't see anything obvious as it dries quickly, hey ho it stopped!  (sounds familiar?) used the bike for a 160 mile run and could smell fuel a) when stopped (ticking over) and b) when going along (sometimes) but put it down to my friends V rod is carby and over fuels, HOWEVER it did it again in my garage but this time didn't stop, lifted the tank to find the short balance hose between the throttle bodies was leaking one end, moved the clip and fitted a new one problem solved.  ;)

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #22 on: Today at 06:59:45 PM »

I have a 2009 efi, and had the same problem, pool of fuel, panic stations shut it off composed myself and couldn't see anything obvious as it dries quickly, hey ho it stopped!  (sounds familiar?) used the bike for a 160 mile run and could smell fuel a) when stopped (ticking over) and b) when going along (sometimes) but put it down to my friends V rod is carby and over fuels, HOWEVER it did it again in my garage but this time didn't stop, lifted the tank to find the short balance hose between the throttle bodies was leaking one end, moved the clip and fitted a new one problem solved.  ;)

Interesting mate,

I'll have to have a look there just in case.
2011 GV650

Pages: 1 2 [3]