• August 21, 2018, 11:13:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need help on installing LED Strips  (Read 125 times)

Zabolo

• Training Wheels
  • Hyosung GT125
Need help on installing LED Strips
« on: July 30, 2018, 09:24:05 AM »

Hello Hyosung brothers. I'll keep it short on ya'll, how do I install 12v rgb leds on my hyosung, I mean how do I connect them properly? Here is the link where i got my leds: https://m.ebay.com/itm/44-Key-Remote-Control-RGB-LED-Strip-5M-3528-300-SMD-stripe-bar-12V-PK-L4V8/222680970561?epid=2059792408&hash=item33d8d1f541%3Ag%3Ae-4AAOSwfxJZ5XIH&_nkw=Rgb+led&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m4084.l1313

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
Re: Need help on installing LED Strips
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »

Why
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Zabolo

• Training Wheels
  • Hyosung GT125
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »

Because I want so, if you can't help me just don't waste your time then, appreciate that.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 06:45:34 AM »

Because I want so, if you can't help me just don't waste your time then, appreciate that.
I just asked why you were doing it .No need to get shitty with me .
Taking that line on this forum is going to make you lots of friends and also get you lots of help at the same time .
I am an auto electrician BTW and you will be crossed off my list for ANY help in the future .
Take care and enjoy the forum .

Zabolo

• Training Wheels
  • Hyosung GT125
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »

Lol wtf The thing is why do you even care why im doing this, jeeez.. I didnt say anything bad though
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:52:06 AM by Zabolo »

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »

Lol wtf The thing is why do you even care why im doing this, jeeez.. I didnt say anything bad though
If I am going to help someone , I first want to make sure it's not to the detriment of everybody else on the road .
You riding your bike with flashing disco lights is a no no.
I have fitted LED strips myself but they were purely extra brake , indicator and running lights .
You do what you want but again , BAD idea to start slagging someone off because they want to know the reason behind the idea .

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 09:16:10 PM »

It's strip lights spitty, not 120 watt cree spotlights. How much of a menace can someone be with some mood lighting to get the ladies feeling sexy? I don't think you'd be old enough to have a daughter in Zabolo's target audience.

Zabolo, you just need to provide it with power. How technical are you? The hardest part of all this is 'splicing' a wire into a power feed. Those LEDs don't need much power, so you don't need to do it properly, unless you plan to use a switch.

What exactly is properly? Properly is adding a new relay to your bike, so that there is no extra demand made of the wiring loom. A relay is like an automatic switch, so that when something turns on, i.e. your tail light, or headlight, then the strip LEDs turn on also. You might decide that you want to add a new relay if the device you are connecting requires over 30 watts, or you want to use a separate switch for that device.

If you just want the lights to work and to turn on and off along with your bike, then you do not need to do too much. Just 'splice' the two wires that go to your license plate light, one for power and one for ground., connect them to the pigtail that plugs into your controller box, maybe putting the box under the back seat.

Good splicing = either soldered or using a three way connector. Perfect splicing = water proofing the connection using heat shrink tube, or something similar.

A slight warning. That controller box doesn't look waterproof. Consider wrapping it in a bag and sealing it with some zip ties pulled nice and tight.

If you think you want to try a relay setup, let us know.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »

I would bang a 5A fuse in though to protect the  cable.
As upside down said, just tap off your lights to get an ignition feed or straight off battery (via a fuse) to get a permanent feed to controller.
2 amps is not much so probably no need for a relay.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:03:57 PM by spit051261 »

Pages: [1]