• August 21, 2018, 11:12:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: spark plug boot  (Read 171 times)

Galacticaone

• Training Wheels
spark plug boot
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:12 AM »

Hello
Found both spark plug boots had small friction wear on them.  One had a small crack in it.  50,000km on the bike. 
This caused the current for the spark plug to leak out and ground on the cylinder.  It created and erratic iddle, cylinder stopped firing for short periods. 
Martin

ps  if someone wants a picture of the defective boot, let me know how to attach an image here

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BalintHU

• Learner rider
Re: spark plug boot
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »

Use the link: https://imgur.com/upload  upload your pics there. Then use the lik what u got for your pics and instert between the "" tags in your comment. :)

Have u got any kind of knocking or ticking noise under load ? For example when u cruise at 50-60kph ?

xuraax

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »

Hello
Found both spark plug boots had small friction wear on them.  One had a small crack in it.  50,000km on the bike. 
This caused the current for the spark plug to leak out and ground on the cylinder.  It created and erratic iddle, cylinder stopped firing for short periods. 
Martin

ps  if someone wants a picture of the defective boot, let me know how to attach an image here

I am looking to buy replacement boots for my GT250. I cannot find anything local. Can anyone suggest a part no. to order preferably for NGK?

Note elsewhere on this site somebody proposed the SD05F from NGK but these are straight boots while mine have their exit to the high tension cable set at about 70 degrees to the vertical. Also the dimensions seem somewhat smaller than mine.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »

I think the plug caps are the same as a Suzuki VL250 intruder.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

xuraax

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »

I think the plug caps are the same as a Suzuki VL250 intruder.

Any Idea what the NGK code equivalent is? I still have to order it from abroad.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »

None. I don't have a 250.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]