• December 17, 2018, 01:31:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Bloody fed up!  (Read 1761 times)

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Bloody fed up!
« on: August 06, 2018, 06:31:00 PM »

I'm actually thinking of fekking this bike off tbh.
Maybe it's just that I'm in a mood today, but...

This thing has been very well looked after and only done 4000 miles.
Yet, It's had the mystery fuel leak, with fuel pissing down the side like a fountain.
Cam chain rattle on the front cylinder.
When riding a couple of times the F1 flashed on/off for no apparent reason.

The battery was pretty flat recently, so last night it was recharged / conditioned.
Fired it up and after just a few seconds the f1 light comes on showing c12, goes off for a few seconds, then back on with c12 again. After a few secs, it then goes off again and comes back on with c24!.
F1 light then goes off and it idled for 5-6 mins without the f1 light coming on again!!

It just doesn't inspire any confidence at all. It's as if when you ride it, you're just wondering when and not if, it will break down.
2011 GV650

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
Re: Bloody fed up!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »

I was stranded once when the bike was quite new (electrical gremlins) and had to be recovered. 

I had occasional funny starting behaviour and a time when the bike was cutting out (which ended up being the sidestand switch), so I can understand how you might lose faith.

There were a few times when I thought....f*!k, I hope I can get home, yet I still loved my GT650!!

Then I sold it......

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »

I'm wondering if it was anything to do with the fact the battery was nearly flat and has just been fully charged?
I started it again after writing the above and after a few secs a "C" came up on the display for maybe 15 seconds - no f1 light though. The C disappeared and it idled as normal again?

I don't wanna get rid, as I really think these are a looker, but I have zero confidence when out on it.
I didn't buy it to tinker with.
I'll see how it goes, but anymore issues and I'm gonna px it against a CMX500 Rebel I think.
2011 GV650

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »

I've had dozens of those episodes!

I even got a quote for it as a trade in. They offered me a stupid low price, so I decided to keep it, but ended up buying another bike privately. Three guesses what the first thing it did was? Yup. Stator and reg/rec shit themselves. After that I had a bad case of tinker finger, so I figured I'd hot it up and bought a set of fancy cams. OMFG did it snow ball from there!
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:24:47 PM »

I'll probably go for brand new though mate. That way, any issue in the first few years, they can bloody sort it.
I'm quite capable hands on, but I bought a bike for enjoyment and not to be fannying with every 5 mins...
2011 GV650

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »

My problem is that the issues I have are usually of my own making. I bought my Hyo new. 8 years of tinker finger later and it's still *almost* perfect.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:36:09 AM »

When i had my Hyo as much as i liked riding that bike, i never truly had confidence that something wouldn't go wrong on it.
It always concerned me and made me worry, and the one time i didn't worry it did let me down.

That said when i moved onto the XVS650, apart from not having the sheer power of the Hyo, the comfort and reliability of it i have never questioned or thought about. Its just going awesome and i haven't done anything that i had to do on the Hyo to it.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »

I'm wondering if it was anything to do with the fact the battery was nearly flat and has just been fully charged?
I started it again after writing the above and after a few secs a "C" came up on the display for maybe 15 seconds - no f1 light though. The C disappeared and it idled as normal again?

I don't wanna get rid, as I really think these are a looker, but I have zero confidence when out on it.
I didn't buy it to tinker with.
I'll see how it goes, but anymore issues and I'm gonna px it against a CMX500 Rebel I think.

Hey Sid - I traded my Hyo in for a CB500X - the 'adventure' style one, but it's the same engine as the Rebel.  Great bike, great engine!!

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:10 PM »

I'm actually thinking of fekking this bike off tbh.
Maybe it's just that I'm in a mood today, but...

This thing has been very well looked after and only done 4000 miles.
Yet, It's had the mystery fuel leak, with fuel pissing down the side like a fountain.
Cam chain rattle on the front cylinder.
When riding a couple of times the F1 flashed on/off for no apparent reason.

The battery was pretty flat recently, so last night it was recharged / conditioned.
Fired it up and after just a few seconds the f1 light comes on showing c12, goes off for a few seconds, then back on with c12 again. After a few secs, it then goes off again and comes back on with c24!.
F1 light then goes off and it idled for 5-6 mins without the f1 light coming on again!!

It just doesn't inspire any confidence at all. It's as if when you ride it, you're just wondering when and not if, it will break down.
Fault 12 is pick up coil .
Just check or wiring out and it's probably  dodgy connection .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »

I will do mate. Will be the w/e now though.
2011 GV650

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5