News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: U-Turn  (Read 200 times)

Tasiedevil

• Training Wheels
U-Turn
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:54:20 AM »

Hi im a new owner to a 2007 Hyosung Comet650,  Im on my Ls so still learning.  I have been told if i do my pre-provisional test on my Hyosung that i will fail the U-Turn,  is this true.  Can it be done?  in the specs it has a 30 degree steering angle.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: U-Turn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:10:35 AM »

Clipons?

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:14:45 AM »

Turning circle of a barge  :o
Better off taking your test on a Honda cb
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:53:47 AM »

You’d have to be comfortable leaning your bike considerably. That would require doing the u-turn with some momentum. Frightening at first, but quite doable.

That said. Don’t. Just use the test bikes.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
Re: U-Turn.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

I never had a problem with a u turn on my gv250  first makes sure of the basics. Turn your head and look in the direction you intend to go
Next practice low speed manuevering using pressure on the rear brake and riding the clutch. With pressure on the rear brake and more throttle to make it move it applies torque to the rear tire to help keep you upright  it is a lightweight bike so practice heavy rear braking and clutch and throttle to move in a straight line very slowly. Turn your head and look in the direction of the turn when the bike leans hard st low speed slide you backside onto the edge of the seat and use your weight to balance the bike. With practice you should at low speed be able to easily make any turn you want to. Watch free videos from "ride like a pro". Former " motor cop" demonstrates tight manuevers. At low speed the rear braking action coupled with applying horsepower to the rear wheel and sliding your backside onto the edge of the seat that needs the weight and you should have no problem. Remember. Turn your head every time you turn and force yourself to do the head turn automatically. Turning your head to the left will do the most in helping you go left.  You can thread a needle with that little bike
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

beachpitcrew

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:28:34 PM »

PS:  where I live most newby sport bike riders seem to not have their feet on the pegs when going slow. They dangle them. Bad habit when practicing for tests  keep feet on pegs until all tests are passed  . bad habits can be learned later. Ha ha
2011 GV250, 2013 IRON 883

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 01:53:30 PM »

Try doing a tight U turn on a GT650R  :o
Lots of fun , I don't think so .
Probably be easier on a tiny bike like a GV 250 though with a LOT less power  ;D
ZX10R is fun too .
PS. having your feet dangling whilst going slow is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. One sure way to get your feet or legs broken if you drop the thing and these bikes are HEAVY .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:03:40 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: [1]