• December 19, 2018, 12:10:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gv 650 efi starting issues  (Read 376 times)

KINGCARLOT

• Training Wheels
Gv 650 efi starting issues
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

Guy's,  I have a 09 efi gv 650 Ltd edition, only 5k on the clock, as usual with a lot of people it doesn't get used much, but thats another story. I decided to do a basic service, oil & filter, plugs etc, however since doing this the bike has developed a problem,  I turn the ignition on and it is as if the kill switch is on, (says CHE on the clock) I know it wont start as the pump doesn't go through its prime cycle, so I can spin it over as much as I like it wont go, now here's the interesting bit, sometimes it does work and I have done nothing to change this!!!  very frustrating, I have replaced the side stand switch as it seems a safety feature issue, that didn't work!  I am now going to change the relay/solenoid as interestingly when it does fire up (runs perfect) and I turn it off I hear a clicking (solenoid type sound) I have had a relay/sol turn up but cable was too short and connector was wrong Grrr. Hence ordered another. I have checked the kill switch and all seems well, it has only happened since I lifted the tank to change the plugs, could it be a wire I've moved or pinched at the front of the tank?  Any suggestions/help would be appreciated as we've had one of the best summers since 1976 and I haven't used it . Help. :o

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Gv 650 efi starting issues
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:13:14 AM »

I'd say that the first place to look is in the fuel pump wiring connections.

...also you should probaby have posted this in the GV650 section of the forum.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1]