• December 19, 2018, 02:19:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GT650R - RH Handlebar snapped off  (Read 808 times)

HyoHooon

• Training Wheels
GT650R - RH Handlebar snapped off
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »

Hey guys Iím new here so hoping this is the right place to post. I bought my 2006 GT650R about 4 weeks ago. Had a couple of problems but those are irrelevant to this post. Yesterday I was in a domestic violence situation where I was trying to help out a female friend and naturally the psycho boyfriend thought we were sleeping together so he proceeded to stalk me and find out where I lived. When I wouldnít open the door for him while his girlfriend was with me, he decided it was a great idea to go and kick my bike over. Which resulted in the right side handlebar being snapped off completely. Now Iíve never had to do any work on handlebars or anything like that and Iím extremely pissed off about the whole situation but now because of this, I canít ride my bike and it was my only mode of transport. The tank is also all dented and thereís scratches all up the side of the bike but obviously my main concern is replacing the handlebar. I donít want to do a conversion, I just want to replace it with an original bar as soon as possible. Hereís are some photos, could someone point me in the right direction? Donít know how on earth Iím going to get that snapped bit of metal out of the clamp either.. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Re: GT650R - RH Handlebar snapped off
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »

That's a bummer mate.
Quite frankly, I'd go find the guy and give him a bloody good slap!

That aside, which country are you in? Always helps when enquiring about parts etc.
2011 GV650

HyoHooon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:42:26 PM »

That's a bummer mate.
Quite frankly, I'd go find the guy and give him a bloody good slap!

That aside, which country are you in? Always helps when enquiring about parts etc.
I would of loved to but I donít need assault on my record lol. He was charged with malicious damage and the court will more than likely order him to pay for the cost of the repairs. Iím located in Australia haha

Sid

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »

Can't help you too much then mate - I'm in the UK.
There are plenty of Aussies on here though. Sure you'll get some help soon....... ;)
You could order direct from Hyo? If I remember the delivery times are not that long.
I can get parts in 5 days if I pay an extra £15 for express delivery.
2011 GV650

HyoHooon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 02:54:55 AM »

Can't help you too much then mate - I'm in the UK.
There are plenty of Aussies on here though. Sure you'll get some help soon....... ;)
You could order direct from Hyo? If I remember the delivery times are not that long.
I can get parts in 5 days if I pay an extra £15 for express delivery.
But do you think itís just the clip on that I need to replace? Thatís what Iím wondering haha

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:11 AM »

Go on the hyosung online website, search "handle bar" and you will see the piece you need.
The snapped stud should be easy to remove with a few drill bits and a set of extractors.
I'm in WA if you were near I could remove the stud and fit the new piece in no time.
It will be quite easy to do so order the parts and go for it. You can't make things worse.
You can always search YouTube for guides on removing snapped studs if you are not that confident.
In fact, for $73.28 you can get the whole piece and won't even have to remove the stud. Just remove top triple tree to fit it. Easy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:47:26 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 07:42:04 AM »

get the bugger to pay for you to get a new fuel tank and side fairing.

HyoHooon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:43:12 AM »

Handlebar is priority so I can at least ride it again but Iíve got roughly until November until the prick has his court hearing so Iíll definitely be getting a new tank and fairing and making the asshole pay for it

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 07:57:53 AM »

Did you find the part I was talking about?
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

HyoHooon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »

Did you find the part I was talking about?
Got a guy on the Gold Coast that said heíd send me the handlebar but I havenít heard back from him. If I donít by the end of the night Iíll definitely order one from hyo parts. I should be able to just slide the clamp off without worrying about removing the snapped piece. Hopefully it really is as simple as just swapping it out lol

Pages: [1] 2