• December 19, 2018, 02:52:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EFI idle rpm question  (Read 1013 times)

Tim boer

• Training Wheels
EFI idle rpm question
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »

Hi guys new to the forum here. I just got myself a 2015 efi gv250. I immediately tore it down and started cleaning and polishing everything. She wasn't in the best of shape. I also started making a custom exhaust for it but the idle seems kinda high at 1800 rpm and I want to lower it to about 1200. Can I adjust it manually or will I need to tune it with a computer? Also does anyone recommend changing the front sprocket for lower rpm on the highway? Thanks for the help y'all. Tim

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: EFI idle rpm question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:47:58 AM »

With regard to the idle, it is computer controlled. 1800 is too high though. Check for vacuum leaks.

With regard to the front sprocket. Going up a tooth on the front will lower highway rpm as intended, but at the expense of getting off the line. How much do you weigh?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 06:14:56 AM »

http://korider.com/index.php?topic=15117.0  There is a lot of stuff here about adjusting the idle on Hyosung EFI bikes.

Bob

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »

I'll plug the diagnostic computer in when I fly back from work (shit hole) and put up idle speeds and TPS values (cold and hot) plus anything else you can think of that may come in handy  .
May as will use it for something because so far , all I have used it for is checking my charging voltage and checking to see if it's running lean or rich  :o 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:56:08 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 11:45:40 PM »

I'll plug the diagnostic computer in when I fly back from work (shit hole) and put up idle speeds and TPS values (cold and hot) plus anything else you can think of that may come in handy  .
May as will use it for something because so far , all I have used it for is checking my charging voltage and checking to see if it's running lean or rich  :o

This information would be very helpful. Perhaps some pictures.

Bob

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »

Idle is set by the ECU and is not adjustable.
Try adjusting the TPS (throttle position sensor).
The TPS provides feedback to the ECU which controls the injector timing based on (funnily enough) the position of the throttle.
If the TPS is not set right you can experience high idle rpm but would also be experiencing poor power delivery and rough running issues.
Do NOT adjust the TPS if you are not experiencing issues other than a high idle rpm.

Download the service and parts manuals in PDF.
http://www.hyosung.hu/download/pdf/letoltesek.htm
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:57:05 AM »

Will do  ;)

This information would be very helpful. Perhaps some pictures.

Bob
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Tim boer

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »

Thanks for the help guys. I'd definitely like to know what the  idle is hot and cold. The bike runs perfect but if you think 1800 is too high it could very well have a vacuum leak. I'll check it. I was also thinking 1 or 2 teeth up front. It accelerates pretty good I only weigh 160 pounds. Was just wondering how much of a difference it makes. In terms of cruising speed and rpm at around 70 mph.

Tim boer

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 08:35:23 PM »

Sure enough I had a split vacuum hose. Idle is down to 1500. I would still like to lower it more if possible. Sounds much better though. I also made a custom exhaust for it. I'll take a video and upload it to YouTube with a link in the next few days

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »

glad you got the idle sorted!

Google 'gearing commander'.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1] 2