• December 19, 2018, 02:18:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What is this PART/ update  (Read 1022 times)

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
What is this PART/ update
« on: September 10, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »

Hi all- Been a long time since I've been on this forum.

business end first- what is this part??? 

backstory/update-

As some of you MIGHT remember, I was on this forum several years ago. I was the guy who had several motorcycles, and one of them got put on the chop block-http://korider.com/index.php?topic=25923.msg233898#msg233898 

anyways, I lived on the East Coast of Korea at the time, close to where the Olympics were held earlier this year in 2018.  Eventually I visited home, 2014, then came back to Korea 15', but this time on the west coast.
    I had kept that engine off of the Mirage that had been slice n' diced, down in a basement somewhere out of sight/ mind.  I was pretty much busy most of the time, and driving in the city in Korea is a completely different bowl of beans than cruising around in the mountains and by the ocean. So I never could just bring myself to really  get into it,  considering I saw how Koreans drive here...everyday...and it scared the daylights out of me.

fast forward to 2018...I went back home in 2017, back in Korea...AGAIN. Been back here for about a month give or take. through word of mouth one of the hundreds of motorcycle shops around hear heard I had an engine and had wanted to put it on a frame- had a frame delivered. I figured..... I can't let that engine just rot down there- all the work I put into it rebuilding it-  so guy delivered a motorcycle with some kinda of problem for $150,000 Won/ around $130 buckaroos. Got it delivered, got the old engine off....  -- hit a few snags.
First off, the 'inlet pipe' o'rings- can't find them anywhere. And I'm in Korea, where the blasted things are produced.  Called motorcycle shops....online retailers, the actual company- some reason no one had them.  Finally just broke down used the old one off the other engine. Wasn't flat compressed so I'll risk it even if it's not exactly kosher.

Secondly- that blasted thing in the first few pics. I went today to two different mechanics, both were confused. First guy said "water pump" ...I smiled at my special lady friend , thanked the man, then promptly walked out, cursing under my breath. Spent the next 10 minutes walking home, trying to explain what air cooled vs. water cooled is and why my engine doesn't have a water pump.

went to another guy- this one had "KR", which of course is the successor to Hyosung on his sign- i figured he HAS TO know.   

Most motorcycle shops here deal with the ubiquitous delivery bikes, which are usually around 120 cc  and are ridden as if they are a 12 year old being chased by subway Jared.  So that's where most of their business comes from. Of course they see other bikes- he had a 125 mirage out front...but it was an older model, older than the one my engine came off of- didn't have that part.
He also didn't know what it was exactly... he though it was 'blowback valve', or as they say buh-low-oo-ba-kuh' bal-buh...so i figured some kind of ventilation system PCV or whatnot?

Anyways- that's my main problem at the moment. I have the engine mounted on the old frame... I have the front/rear fenders + gas take, seat from the motorcycle that got cut up, hopefully it won't look like a complete hunk of trash once i'm finished with it..or run like one either.

Hope everyone is doing well... four YEARS since I posted here last!

How time flies.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:48:26 AM by jojobutter »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: What is this PART/ update
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »

The pic isn’t displaying:(
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »

if it isn't displaying, here's the direct link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mydH7X8JZa3Xk8XdcvyEA0WvYsPVCEW8/view?usp=sharing

but for whatever reason , it's displaying on my end...who knows.

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:34:36 AM »

The pic isn’t displaying:(

updated with a different hosting site for the pic, hopefully it works now

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »

That is a bit of a mystery part that one. No idea, but I agree that it has to be some kind of air pump. Either an exhaust air injection system or something similar.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 05:29:29 AM »

It looks like a Secondary Air Valve Solenoid. My 2010 GV250EI has one. It is for directing air into the exhaust ports to help burn unburned exhaust vapors. They are on the fuel injected model engines but dont know if they are on the carby engines as well.

Bob

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:24:11 AM »

bob,

It's a carby GV250, yes?

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »

bob,

It's a carby GV250, yes?

Right, carved bike

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »

Does this help?

http://hyosung.hu/download/pdf/data/alkatresz-katalogusok/GV250%20PARTS%20CATALOGUE.pdf

I WENT thru that PARTS catalog,I think the engine I have was from a bike made after 2003, when that doc was published.

Likewise my older gv250's didn't have this part.

Pages: [1] 2 3