• December 19, 2018, 12:11:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What is this PART/ update  (Read 1019 times)

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
Re: What is this PART/ update
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 02:15:30 PM »

It looks like a Secondary Air Valve Solenoid. My 2010 GV250EI has one. It is for directing air into the exhaust ports to help burn unburned exhaust vapors. They are on the fuel injected model engines but dont know if they are on the carby engines as well.

Bob

Yea The pipe coming out of the engine is right out of the head below the exhaust, I'll take a pic tomorrow as it's dark outside now here in Incheon

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »

It looks like a Secondary Air Valve Solenoid. My 2010 GV250EI has one. It is for directing air into the exhaust ports to help burn unburned exhaust vapors. They are on the fuel injected model engines but dont know if they are on the carby engines as well.

Bob

I kept typing in that secondary air valve, this came up, https://alpha-sports.com/hyosung_parts.htm?fpg=/hyosung/GV250/02.html hoping that's it! If it is, a million thanks to you, Bob!

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »

Bob

I kept typing in that secondary air valve, this came up, https://alpha-sports.com/hyosung_parts.htm?fpg=/hyosung/GV250/02.html hoping that's it! If it is, a million thanks to you, Bob!

If you Google       Hyosung secondary air valve          You will see quiet a lot of images and information about the different air valves used on Hyosung motorcycles.

Bob

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »

Did you find out if the part was the Secondary Air Valve Solenoid or something else.

Bob

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »

Hi umop-episdn,

Yes that is the one on my 2010 GV250EI  Your picture shows the hoses as well which is really good. I have found that if people do not reply saying that they have found what they inquired about and are now ok, others may go on trying to help when there is no need to. I always say that I am ok when my problem is solved and end by thanking everybody on the forum for there help. Just a short "I have now fixed my problem", would be better than never hearing from them again.

Catch you later umop-episdn,

Old Bob

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 02:58:27 AM »

hey guys-

Sorry for the late delay, I've been away for the last few weeks doing some 'corporate teaching' down in Pohang, got back back last night and saw umop-ǝpisdn post-

I am going to send this to a mechanic I halfway trust see if he can order it for me- but as I mentioned before , last time I talked to the guy he was not exactly knowledgeable about what in the world he was looking at ( when I showed him the chopped bike pic) -- hopefully he can help!

I'll let everyone know if It's the correct part and if I get it on the bike!

Thanks so much for the suggestions, umop-ǝpisdn!

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 05:01:20 AM »

Perhaps hold off on buying the part. You can simply delete the AIS pump without consequence in a carby model. All you need to do is seal the hole in the cylinder head. A flat piece of thick aluminium, such as is found in furniture will suffice. A drill, a file and perhaps an angle grinder if you have one, job done.

Access to the rear cylinder head is quite a chore.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »

If I go that route, would you suggest the covering be air-tight? Or would the cover be to  prevent contamination?

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

-J

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »

Air Tight
I knew this anyway but if I didn't ,  it would have taken a few seconds looking online .
Start doing some leg work dude and save other people doing it for you .
Seems like you are asking pointless questions just for the sake of it .
I quote....

"The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.
The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.
Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed. These Smog Block Off Plates are made from CNC'ed billet aluminum and feature the Graves Motorsports "G" logo. There are three reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike;
 If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.
        To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra "fresh air" in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.
        This addition will typically remove the majority of popping on deceleration that can be experienced with un-burnt gasses within the emission charcoal chamber. Note: Proper tuning may be needed and this is general feedback."

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:14:00 PM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Pages: 1 [2] 3