• October 23, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What is this PART/ update  (Read 587 times)

jojobutter

• Training Wheels
Re: What is this PART/ update
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 02:30:07 PM »

Air Tight
I knew this anyway but if I didn't ,  it would have taken a few seconds looking online .
Start doing some leg work dude and save other people doing it for you .
Seems like you are asking pointless questions just for the sake of it .
I quote....

"The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.
The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.
Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed. These Smog Block Off Plates are made from CNC'ed billet aluminum and feature the Graves Motorsports "G" logo. There are three reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike;
 If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.
        To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra "fresh air" in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.
        This addition will typically remove the majority of popping on deceleration that can be experienced with un-burnt gasses within the emission charcoal chamber. Note: Proper tuning may be needed and this is general feedback."

thanks for the info~

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: What is this PART/ update
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 10:27:23 PM »

Air tight, definitely.

You also ways the piece of plate that you use to be thick enough to endure some pressure. Not crazy amounts of pressure, remember that the exhaust is open at the back. Maybe 10 psi or so. If the plate of aluminium is too thin, maybe double it up. The more elaborate it gets though, the higher the chance that there will be a leak. All you are doing is blocking a hole. How hard can it be? There is even a bolt hole on either side to assist you.

Worst case scenario, use the standard pipe that is on the head and block the tube off by welding a bolt into the hole, perhaps? It doesn't need to be pretty, just needs to be airtight.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: 1 2 [3]