• December 19, 2018, 02:15:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi guys anyone able to help  (Read 349 times)

savisaar2

• Training Wheels
Hi guys anyone able to help
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:16:35 AM »

Hi guys I am new to this forum  :D
I have a Hyosung 2011 gv700c (looks like st7), and I am finding that I am having issues with the charging system. I have tested the battery and its holding volts correctly, when I do a running voltage test and increase RPMs you would expect the voltage to increase right? well mine doesn't and I am trying to figure out what I should be replacing.

Upon inspection i found that the Regulator Rectifier cable has been glued together which possible may indicate an issue here so i am thinking of replacing it as a first resort as its cheap. The other option is the stator, i did a OHm test on the cable with the 3 yellow lines and when checking the 1-2, 2-3, 3-1 all results come back as 0.6 which is okay?

I really need some guidance here i am scared to ride it until i fix this.
Thank you!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Hi guys anyone able to help
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »

You have perfectly diagnosed a reg/rec failure.

If you plan to keep the bike, do not replace with a stock reg/rec. Consider instead the Shindengen FH020AA MOSFET type reg/rec, as used in Yamaha 1,000 cc bikes.

You can find them for sale new at roadstercycle.com, or get one used from any litre class Yamaha.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

savisaar2

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »

What's the difference from a standard and MOSFET? Also are RR the most common to fail before the stator?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 12:36:29 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_MOSFET

Standard reg/recs are diode based, they are sometimes called a 'series reg/rec' and last for a few years at most. MOSFET are a more modern parallel design, produce almost no heat and last a basically unlimited amount of time. Several decades at least.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

savisaar2

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 05:46:18 AM »

I have tried to unscrew the RR but only managed to get the left one off, the right however is stuck and I can't fit a wrench into it :/ looks like I won't be able to replace the RR unless I take it into a service centre.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]