• October 23, 2018, 02:47:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New gv 125 owner with issues  (Read 152 times)

Swinny

• Training Wheels
New gv 125 owner with issues
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »

Morning all

New member from teeside uk

I bought a 2012 gv 125 that wasnt running quite right. It has the 2 into 1 style exhaust but the owner removed everything out of the rear can.

Whipped the carb off for inspection and it was manky and dont think its ever been touched since new.
The main jets are 82.5 and small jets are 17.5?? After reading a bit on here thats not right?

Anyway its my little bobber project so i now have a small tank and 2 x red foam filters (pitbike style)  to go on. The exhaust will then be chopped before the balance pipe and copper slip ons put on the end with lollypop baffles so i can fine tune the sound.

With this setup i need to know what jets are required? Needle position etc.

The carbs are all cleaned and synced ready i just need to know what jet and needle combo has worked best so i can get the jets ordered asap.

Swinny

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
Re: New gv 125 owner with issues
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »

Morning all

New member from teeside uk

I bought a 2012 gv 125 that wasnt running quite right. It has the 2 into 1 style exhaust but the owner removed everything out of the rear can.

Whipped the carb off for inspection and it was manky and dont think its ever been touched since new.
The main jets are 82.5 and small jets are 17.5?? After reading a bit on here thats not right?

Anyway its my little bobber project so i now have a small tank and 2 x red foam filters (pitbike style)  to go on. The exhaust will then be chopped before the balance pipe and copper slip ons put on the end with lollypop baffles so i can fine tune the sound.

With this setup i need to know what jets are required? Needle position etc.

The carbs are all cleaned and synced ready i just need to know what jet and needle combo has worked best so i can get the jets ordered asap.

Swinny

You live in the same area as me. 90 in the rear and 87.5 in the front is standard mains off the top of my head. 15 are the standard pilot jets.

Jets I'd use for a standard airbox (but that exhaust setup) are 92.5 in rear, 90 in the front, 17.5 pilots. Dont waste your time with anything other than the standard airbox.

Swinny

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »

Ah were abouts?

Yea i rear pilots were 15 std.

Picked up some 92 and 95 mains today and have a spare set of each to mess about with.

Bloke in garage building a harley said there was no need to put larger jet in the rear and said that myth has been going for years and how harleys run single carbs feeding both and never an issue?

I dont know lol

Anyway carb is now rebuilt with 95 main front and back. And 17.5 pilots. Both needles set to bottom groove and floats are set at 7mm and synced ready to install tomorrow.

See how that pans out.

As for airbox it does not fit with my small tank theme so its gone :-)

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:44:51 AM »

Ah were abouts?

I'll PM.

Bloke in garage building a harley said there was no need to put larger jet in the rear and said that myth has been going for years and how harleys run single carbs feeding both and never an issue?

I dont know lol

You dont own a harley though. The engine is the same as the GT model (since the GT's use the GV engine). I can 100% confirm that I use the jets I recommended on a full SS exhaust setup and the bike needed the jetting. You wouldn't touch them if the bike was standard but since you have an empty exhaust you will need to adjust the jetting to match.

Anyway carb is now rebuilt with 95 main front and back. And 17.5 pilots. Both needles set to bottom groove and floats are set at 7mm and synced ready to install tomorrow.

See how that pans out.

As for airbox it does not fit with my small tank theme so its gone :-)

Them jets will be wrong for open filters. Seriously, review my advice, I think your wasting your time. The performance gain is non-existent. The time you invest in jetting is a waste. The jet expense.. well, throw your money at something else.

If your still hell bent on building, please report back on progress. Pics of the bike are always a nice addition too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:46:53 AM by Joss »

Pages: [1]