• November 15, 2018, 11:41:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks  (Read 295 times)

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks
« on: October 25, 2018, 01:28:46 AM »

Hello forum, I have a 2005 gv250 carb. One day my bike won't start, cheking the bike the original owner cut open the CDI and rip off the brown conection where the blue cable from the neutral swich go the bike was working good anyway, checking for spark I notice that no spar on the the spark plug so check the coils (resistance from multumeter) everything I start again and see inconsit spark so I determine the CDI was dead, anyway I get a new coils, CDI, regurator (multimeter test you one line bad) carb repair kit (I dont know last time the carb was cleaned and other stuff. Now I have spark, carb was cleaned found one jet damage so that was repaired, new regurator but the bike wont start cheking the timing mark when I aling the F mart on rotor the cam mark are off that hapoend with theR mark on rotor the only way that the cam marks aling and the piston is up is with the rotor F and R mark off need help and sorry for the typing

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: 2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:45:31 AM »

What if you just switch the wires for the coils around?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »

I can test that, you mean swiching the front coil wire to the rear cylinder?

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:33:43 PM »

Yes. I don't know if I 100% understood what you were trying to say in your first post, but it sounded like you were saying that the front cylinder was firing when the R mark was showing. To me it makes sense to switch the signals.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:00:03 PM »

Ohhhh  sorry what I mean is my bike was running ok until 3 week ago before tgis problem happen I start the bike and make this strage sound like metal sound, motor wont start. No spark in any of the spark plug, reguratol bad in one cable. Now I get a new CDI, new coil 2, new regulator now I have spark but wont start, The thing that confuse me is the timing I have the service manual, the manual say that turn the engine ccw and aling the F mark and check the time on the cam, when I do that I have the piston down and the cam mark is off too that is the same on the rear cylinder

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »

This is the timing mark off when the F mark on magneto http://imgur.com/a/aekARyE
Remenber is this mark the piston is down the cam nocht is off

This is when the piston is up and the cam aling perfect but the magneto is of
http://imgur.com/gallery/gjP4il8

I showing the front but is the same problem with the rear cam aling whe the magneto is off

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »

... I start the bike and make this strage sound like metal sound, motor wont start. .

You might have led with that info!
Regarding the timing marks, download service manual and make sure the cam chain has not jumped a tooth.
If it has you will need to take the heads off to see if there is any damage to the valves etc.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 12:31:40 PM »

... I start the bike and make this strage sound like metal sound, motor wont start. .

Regarding the timing marks, download service manual and make sure the cam chain has not jumped a tooth.
If it has you will need to take the heads off to see if there is any damage to the valves etc.
Hi I have the service manual but like I say when I aling the F or R mark on magneto the piston are down not up and the cam are little (I think) off here some photo youcan see the cam aling perfect but the magneto don't

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »

Hi I have the service manual but like I say when I aling the F or R mark on magneto the piston are down not up and the cam are little (I think) off here some photo youcan see the cam aling perfect but the magneto don't

And the other is with the magneto mark aling but cams dont and piston is down (first photo the piston is up)

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »

Read the manual again and make sure you are understanding it properly.
The instructions are very clear and very specific as to how you are to do the timing.
Remember the engine is a 4 stroke so you need to fix a socket onto the magneto and rotate the engine not just once but perhaps twice to check the camshaft alignment marks.
Front and rear alignment are done separately.
First you must align front F mark and front and rear camshafts, then rotate engine "almost" one full rotation to the R mark to check the alignment of the rear camshaft.
There are four strokes (two rotations) per firing. If the front marks don't align up then rotate the engine one full rotation to the F again and then check again.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

Pages: [1] 2