• November 15, 2018, 11:30:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks  (Read 294 times)

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
Re: 2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 12:46:54 PM »

Read the manual again and make sure you are understanding it properly.
The instructions are very clear and very specific as to how you are to do the timing.
Remember the engine is a 4 stroke so you need to fix a socket onto the magneto and rotate the engine not just once but perhaps twice to check the camshaft alignment marks.
Front and rear alignment are done separately.
First you must align front F mark and front and rear camshafts, then rotate engine "almost" one full rotation to the R mark to check the alignment of the rear camshaft.
There are four strokes (two rotations) per firing. If the front marks don't align up then rotate the engine one full rotation to the F again and then check again.
Ok I will do after my class, I will use that logic make half or a full rotation a see if aling thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
Re: 2005 GV250 (No EFI) timing marks
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:36:57 PM »

Ok, Im sorry for the time to updated my nickmare university is in mid term so today I have the time to check what Hilife tell me I turn the engine like 6 or 8 time and the mark on the magneto dont aling so Im gonna get the tool or maybe make one to remove the magneto, today the starter motor desiced to die on me....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]