• November 15, 2018, 12:12:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fuel pump question  (Read 241 times)

bobe7316

• Learner rider
Fuel pump question
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:20:30 AM »

Hi all,
I bought a fuel pump for my 2010 GV250EI Aquila motorcycle. I ordered the black one which is in it at the moment. Its part number is 15100H88400.

Today in the mail I received a blue fuel pump part number 15100HA8410. I am thinking that this is the wrong pump but when I googled the part numbers it came up
as used in the GV250EI motorcycles.

I am hoping that some one here can sort out this problem for me. I do not want to get up the seller which is Hyosungparts AU and is actually in South Korea
if the part does fit my motorcycle. Any help much appreciated.

Old Bob

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Fuel pump question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:50:25 AM »

Hello Bob,

I don't know that anyone will know for sure mate. I mean, what are the chances that anyone else would have knowingly trialled such a thing?

I can offer an opinion though.. The part numbers are so similar that I am going to say "It'll work".

All a pump does is provide the assurance of a certain volume capability at a certain pressure. The odds of them re-specifying the input fuel pressure are zero. It would mean different tunes between year models. Expense for no reward.

In my completely unsubstantiated opinion, it's an incremental change to a part. A different manufacturer perhaps. ..a version 2 if you will.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »

It does suck that they did that to you though, because if you wanted THAT fuel pump, you probably could have bought it cheaper elsewhere.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:41:19 AM »

Hi umop-episdn,

Thank you for your help. Yes on there site they have both the blue pump and the black one. The pump that I have been sent even has Made in China written so even the Korean workers that work for fairly low wages are being passed over and stuff is being farmed out to China where they work for even less. I am waiting for the sellers to contact me and I will let you know what happens. I read some where that you should buy the same colour pump either black or blue that is already in the tank. I will have to see that the fuel hose fits it ok and if it does then I most probably can use the blue pump if my black one ever fails.

I will keep you informed and catch you later.

Bob

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 08:51:38 AM »

Ok folks this is what I have found out about fuel pumps for Hyosung GV250EI Aquila models. I was contacted by Hyosung Parts AU and they told me that the pump that they had sent me is for all the EFI GV250 models. There is no black or blue pumps any longer, there is only the blue pump part number 15100HA8410. This pump now covers this range of Hyosung Motorcycles. All other numbers have been superseded by this new one.

To make sure I took the tank off my bike today and the fuel line and every thing else is the same. So there you have it. Hyosung Source have it at $241.21 Australian Dollars. The one that I bought from Hyosung Parts AU was $199.00 Aus. Dollars. I found one on Ebay that was only $160.00 Aus. so if you shop around you can get a better deal. For some reason Hyosung parts are getting more expensive as time goes on. I have noticed a difference in prices in just 12 months. The parts seem to be no where as cheap as they once were.

Thanks for your help umop-episdn with this one (looks like you was right) and catch you later.

Bob

Hylife

• I ride & I vote.
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 12:22:58 PM »

Same fuel pump in all EFI Hyo models, just make sure the connecting plug matches yours.
The pumps purpose is solely to pressurise the fuel lines to the injectors. The pump run time is controlled by the ECU.
2011 GV250 - 2011 GV650C - It's not 'what' you ride, it's 'that' you ride.

bobe7316

• Learner rider
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 08:03:53 AM »

Same fuel pump in all EFI Hyo models, just make sure the connecting plug matches yours.
The pumps purpose is solely to pressurize the fuel lines to the injectors. The pump run time is controlled by the ECU.

Hi Hylife,

Yes took my tank off and the new fuel pump connects to my fuel line ok. Ran the verniers over the pump to hose attachment on both pumps and all ok.

This is just a spare pump for my GV250EI. The pump that is in the tank since new has never given any trouble but I can bet that if I do not have a spare ready then
the very next time I go out the pump will chuck it in, but with a spare ready to go the original fuel pump will probably last forever. It's just how Murphy's law works.

Bob

Pages: [1]