• November 15, 2018, 11:19:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2008 Hyosung 125 Comet fuel leaking  (Read 111 times)

jaysmix

• Training Wheels
2008 Hyosung 125 Comet fuel leaking
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:07:05 PM »

I have a 2008 Hyosung 125 comet which is started to leak loads of petrol from the overfill on the back of the engine. I had previously taken my petrol tank and carbs off and disconnected the fuel pipes and think I may have incorrectly reconnected them.
So first I checked all my pipes and could see none that we cracked or broken, then I took my carbs  off and cleaned them to see if they were dirty and that was causing any sticking which would flood the engine. When I connected everything back I noticed that when I tried to start the bike the petrol gushed out straight away, within 5 seconds, which makes me believe its not the carbs as they would not have had the time to get full and the amount of petrol that leaked out was about 6 carb bowels full.  That’s a load of petrol and I had not used the choke or throttle, just pushed the starter button. I might have the fuel and vacuum line pipes incorrectly connected or it may be that it is an actual failure of one of the pumps or petcock? I have the manual and know the three from the fuel pump go to the carb, fuel tank and a somewhere near the front but manual does not really help any more than that.  Anyway any help or pics of the same bike showing the layout will be great and hopefully this is an easy solved problem.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

jaysmix

• Training Wheels
Re: 2008 Hyosung 125 Comet fuel leaking
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »

Ok i opened and checked my petcock and my fuel pump and they are fine, no tears or damage to the membranes and seem to be functioning fine. Also my pipes are now connected up to them correctly. I have checked my pipes and can see none that are damaged or worn but i have ordered some new pipes to see if that solves the problem. Will update

Pages: [1]