• December 14, 2018, 11:34:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2018 GV650 & GT250RC Launched In India  (Read 61 times)

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
2018 GV650 & GT250RC Launched In India
« on: November 15, 2018, 04:38:58 PM »

So in another thread I mentioned that Hyosung put ABS on both the GV650 and the GT250R in India a while back. Recently the Hyosung's partner in India went bankrupt and they have a new partner (I don't say dealer because they actually assemble the bikes in India). So, this new partner said they'll be launching these two bikes, this is what I've read last month. Anyways went to the googlewebs today to check up on this deal and it seams that they have launched them already.

First we have the GV650:

Nothing new, aside from the ABS of course, still good to see.

Next we have the GT250R:

Also the same bike we've been seeing for years now, aside from the addition of ABS. But, wait! There actually is something different, I'll let you go back to the picture to see if you can spot it before reading on, because I sure didn't spot it myself! Yes, they now have a single disc instead of two like they used to, and the bigger difference that is what I'm very interested in is the fact that they now changed the wheels to the ones from the concept bikes that they showed back in EICMA in 2015!

I'm sure this means the GT650R will also get the new wheels whenever it gets the ABS, which excites me since I wanted to swap those wheels on my bike since we saw the concepts.

And finally we see Hyosung doing something, hopefully next after giving all the existing models ABS we'll be seeing the GV250DR, GV125S and most importantly: the GD450 and GD450R!
Climb the ladder of success!

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: 2018 GV650 & GT250RC Launched In India
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »

I see an ABS sensor plate. The front brake calipers look to be identical to the 2010+ models. Well, I hope it happens ..but I still doubt that it will. 2018 is over and they have been teasing since 2015. It just doesn't add up.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
Re: 2018 GV650 & GT250RC Launched In India
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:35:17 PM »

From my observation, bikes are released in India during the second half of the year, so it's not an uncommon practice for them to release the 2018 models in October. 

Also, they're not really new bikes, they're exactly the same bikes just with ABS added (and wheels in the case of the GTR)

I've just found the Instagram account for the new dealer, it seems like they sold a couple. Actually having second thoughts on the wheels, but as long as there's progress that's all that matters. Baby steps and hopefully this time they do things better  :D
Climb the ladder of success!

Pages: [1]