• June 17, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ask me any questions, just bought a new GD250R (fully faired)  (Read 549 times)

Dibss

• Training Wheels
Ask me any questions, just bought a new GD250R (fully faired)
« on: November 28, 2018, 12:50:42 AM »

About 145 miles, and it still runs strong. Will send pics if asked for. Should I start a youtube channel around the bike? There isn't enough content out there about it :o

I'm in California btw!

Cheers,

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
Re: Ask me any questions, just bought a new GD250R (fully faired)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:24:43 AM »

About 145 miles, and it still runs strong. Will send pics if asked for. Should I start a youtube channel around the bike? There isn't enough content out there about it :o

I'm in California btw!

Cheers,
Pictures and a write up on the bike would be welcome .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Ivanb7s

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »

I'm in California btw!

Cheers,

I have one as well.  Did an hid kit on it and a foot peg delete.  Make a youtube channel about stuff to make it more popular.

Dibss

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »

A 111814 PCV cover just came off. i have no idea what it does but it won’t snap back on. It has a long line attached to it, I’ll add a pic if possible

227 miles on the bike as of now

Dibss

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 03:22:25 AM »

Here is a pic of cap. I'm sure something fell off. At 245 miles, bike has good ride quality, but the gearbox (I'd have to say) is complete garbage (My MSF bike had a better gearbox, which is sad lol). While shifting every now and then it will randomly rev out of gear and then you'd have to shift back into gear. Additionally, fuel and heat indicators are very inaccurate.

Other than that bike has good ride quality and looks better than any 250 in the class
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:24:52 AM by Dibss »

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 03:32:16 AM »

Try lowering the shift lever a bit, that could happen if you don't give the lever the full force it needs. Maybe it will help.
Climb the ladder of success!

Dibss

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 12:04:25 AM »

At about 350 miles. The bikes ignition cap (the thing surrounding the ignition circle), the left side screw came off. And gears of course are still weird, but other than that, bike has been good to me. Starts every time, besides a few hiccups here and there. Getting my first service (oil change and filter) around 500-600 miles.

archaz

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »

Are you sure it is a PCV valve? It looks like it could be part of the evaporative system and goes to the carbon canister. It is probably not a big deal. Mine was defeated by a ECU race update to my KTM RC390. If it really is a PCV, then just use a little silicone glue to replace and hold.. If it is the other, it will attach to a small canister or the line will lead to a small canister in which case I would no longer worry about it.

What it does is bring some of the gas vapors from the tank to the intake when starting the engine. I am sure there is a little more to it but I can't remember. The PCV valve on the other hand vents pressure from the crankcase to the intake.

You should check all of the screws and bolts for tightness.

Pages: [1]