• June 19, 2019, 06:31:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi and Question  (Read 509 times)

SteveJ87

• Training Wheels
Hi and Question
« on: November 30, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »

Hi everyone, I have recently bought a 2017 GT650R to my brother-in-law. It's his first bike, though he has got some driving experience. He will come to see us by Christmas and will take it as a present. Below are pictures showing the ride.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

SteveJ87

• Training Wheels
Re: Hi and Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »

Due to some reason my attachments did not go through, I assume that's because I am a new member. Okay, I will install one as my avatar and will try attaching more pics a bit later. There are some things I wanted to ask you about the bike.
1. There are many small swirls on the bike, and they are so visible, as it's all black. I do not feel comfortable polishing it, as long as there is another solution. Should I try out one of those swirl removers? Do they work? Or that's just another name for wax?
2. Are there LEDs that you folks can recommend for the 2017 GT 650R? I mean, I am not looking for something too expensive or brandy, just want to be sure LEDs will not flicker or throw errors.
3. That's just for future and out of my curiosity as long as I have you here. What's so special about the wave rotors? Do they work better than the regular drilled rotors? Or they just cool down faster?

albertinhouston

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:32:11 PM »

get the app tap talk. Its the easiest way to load pics.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 12:05:57 AM »

I use http://tinypic.com/ and never had any problems .
Looking forward to seeing pictures .
Never seen a 2017 Hyosung GTR .
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 07:01:42 AM »

Wave rotors are aesthetic only. In theory, on an MX bike they work better because they are less affected by mud.

If they worked better, GP bikes would have them.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »

Black is the worst colour for marking, and depending how bad/deep your swirl marks are, you have a couple of options -

If they are fairly light marks, only really visible when the sun shines on the paint, they will have been caused by washing or cleaning with a dirty sponge/cloth, or by harsh polishing. Use a paint cleaner like Simoniz Colour Restorer or Turtle Wax Ice Speed Compound, then finish with a good wax, and always using clean, dust free microfibre cloths.

If the marks are a bit more severe, or if you can feel them with a fingernail, or the paint is also dull, something like T-Cut will remove damaged paint and allow you to finish with a good polish.  Be gentle though, and don't cut through the black paint!!

Alternatively, if you don't want to mess with paint restorers, try a synthetic polish like Turtle Wax Ice - I use this and it gives a great high gloss finish with no white residue.  Also, it works on everything - paint, black plastic trim, chrome trim, engine casings, even the mirrors and lights..... just keep it away from brakes and tyres!!  Could be a real wipe on, wipe off solution.....

SteveJ87

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »

Appreciate your replies, folks.

SteveJ87

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »

Thanks for recommending tiny pic, folks. Sorry for too large pictures, that's the only way how I managed to upload pics to show you the bike I was asking you about.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:03:32 AM »

Pictures are fine 
The bike looks very nice , wow !
I would remove the reflectors on the mudguard but it's up to you .
LED's , tail tidy and black bubble screen would look sweet (frame sliders too) 8)
Can you post some more pics of different angles covering the whole bike , I want to see it all ?
BTW you have come to best place for anything Hyosung related 
Put some fuel in her you tight bastard  ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:26:09 AM by spit051261 »
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »

what he really wants is pics of the rear brake

Pages: [1] 2