• December 14, 2018, 11:16:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fun Unusual Bike Facts  (Read 228 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Fun Unusual Bike Facts
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 11:58:37 PM »

Seen one with a vfr swingarm and another with a ducati one.
Obvious most things can be made to fit, but as far as bolting up, add 2 washers, use original honda bolt and hyo swingarm/wheel/brake, bolted up.

The RVF was also basically a bolt on. Both Hondas remember..

This is a Ducati single sider on a CB500/4. You can't see his bottom shock mount, but the top one might give you some inspiration.

I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »

Yeah thats the one i saw, Not a fan of it myself.
Then again i dont much like single sided swingarms.

i could go mono shock if i wanted, but i would loose a lot of space and i dont mind the look of the twin rear shock.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:37 AM »

i do need to get some 4 pots for the front tho, dunno if i find some hyo's cheap or go for nissin f4's

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 01:43:05 AM »

Other thing also with the Hyo front and rear on the CB, is i already had the parts from wrecked GT250R's
I had a set of 2012 gt250r forks that only did 500kms.

Other advantages is going from 35mm forks to 51mm usd forks, then the brakes are massive upgrades. etc...

I originally wanted to go the r6 route, but the cost of the r6 front end alone was about 10 x what the Hyo front owes me.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 04:19:30 AM »

Here is the GT550 Frame all painted

And here is the CB500/4 i've just been tinkering with whilst waiting on GT550 parts. Don't worry those shit bars are going, just need to decide what sort i want to put on.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 05:21:31 AM »

I don't think the bars are too bad actually, just maybe pitch them toward the rider a bit.

Love the lines of the tail end. It's just spot on. Ride height, ground clearance, the engine looks level with the ground, so the front and rear are in good proportion. You could loosen the triple clamps and bring the forks up a little, you've got heaps of room between the bar and the top of the fork. That'll mean it rakes forward more and give it a bit of a sportier look. You would of course lose that perfect level of the engine to the ground and it might look like shit, but hey, worth a look.

This might be controversial. I saw a dude make a soda blaster out of a piece of plastic tube over an air gun nozzle and a box of baking soda. It'll get rid of some of the scuffs on the engine side crank cover plates and give you a matte finish. Clean up the cover plate and strip away the paint. Matte finish the crank cover and letter in the 'Honda' logo with paint. Maybe even hit the cooling fins a little and see what they look like.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 05:28:06 AM »

I found the video!

Sorry...

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 06:17:45 AM »

I don't think the bars are too bad actually, just maybe pitch them toward the rider a bit.

Love the lines of the tail end. It's just spot on. Ride height, ground clearance, the engine looks level with the ground, so the front and rear are in good proportion. You could loosen the triple clamps and bring the forks up a little, you've got heaps of room between the bar and the top of the fork. That'll mean it rakes forward more and give it a bit of a sportier look. You would of course lose that perfect level of the engine to the ground and it might look like shit, but hey, worth a look.

This might be controversial. I saw a dude make a soda blaster out of a piece of plastic tube over an air gun nozzle and a box of baking soda. It'll get rid of some of the scuffs on the engine side crank cover plates and give you a matte finish. Clean up the cover plate and strip away the paint. Matte finish the crank cover and letter in the 'Honda' logo with paint. Maybe even hit the cooling fins a little and see what they look like.

The Hyosung stem had to be extended 25mm to suit the CB. The upside with the Hyo front end tho, is the rake on the Hyo is 63.5 degrees and the CB stock front end is 64 degrees. Even tho the Hyo uses a smaller diameter wheel than the CB front, the trail is so close to original. I haven't measured accurately on it but what i saw in some quick checks so it to be so close to original its not funny, like its made for this bike almost.

The level is so spot on, but thats with no one sitting on the bike, that shock on there is stuffed but i might need to raise the rear 1 inch to suit when it has a rider on it to make it nice and level. All tinkering that can be done later.

The swingarm rear also pushes the rear wheel backwards 2 inches, but you'd have to have a keen eye to notice it.

Funny you mention soda blaster, because i already had my sandblast cabinet setup as a soda blaster with dust extraction.

The CB isnt my focus at the moment however, its just something i'm tinkering on till the GT parts are here. Thats the bike i'll finish first.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »

Just stating for the uninitiated.

You can't get silicosis from soda blasting. The cabinet is still nice, but you're not going to get lung disease if you soda blast outside the cabinet.

With that said, don't be doing any work with sand or glass beads, outside of a cabinet.

LX_SS

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 06:47:08 AM »

its not that, just blasting outside the cabinet makes a mess

Pages: 1 [2]