• January 19, 2019, 09:11:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where is everbody? Like a Ghost Town  (Read 493 times)

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Where is everbody? Like a Ghost Town
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

There's nothing that I know of that will suit the GDs :(

Other than going for a full on whole new customizable ECU, such as the microsquirt, which is WAAAYYYY too hard.

..maybe if you can find the right software to suit the ECU, then a flash tune?

Both the microquirt way and the flash tune would require dyno tuning. The microsquirt way would require a full re-wire of the bike as well.

There is zero aftermarket for the GDs.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »

I was actually referring to a member here that is working on a reflash that we'll have to send out ECU's to him all to way to South Africa (I think?), he has a thread on the 650 section, he doesn't have it just yet. Another member from Ukraine "Oleg" also has a reflash for the 650 and some guys from Argentina I've found on youtube. All for the 650's but since the ECU's are the same (I'm guessing) on all Hyosungs then the 250's should follow soon enough.

Checked the guys from Argentina and sure enough they also did the GT250R:
https://youtu.be/OLERcwJv9T0
Climb the ladder of success!

linuxyeti

• Learner rider
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »

Hi, i'm an occasional poster, I have an ST7, love the bike, but, alas, Euro 4 has now virtually killed off Hyosung in europe, and unless they get s shift on, in other territories as well as more and more regulations around the world are brought up to E4 equivalent standards.. There is some light, The new GV125's/GV250's are built in China, and, stand a reasonable chance of being E4, but, I've not looked too much into them, and, of course, there's some progress in India, with at least ABS having been fitted to a new GV650, and, another, whether the emissions have been sorted to match E4 or not I don't know. I wouldn't say Herald, AJS etc are taking over Hyosung's range, as, really they are predominently 'retro' brands/designs, however, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and even BMW now have new 300cc bikes available. CFMoto, WK bikes here in the UK, have more of a challenge to Hyosung, decent range of bikes, over a number of engine sizes. Alas, the custom/cruiser market, isn't so buoyant over in europe, but even that looks like it might be about to change in the short term. Personally, I think, Hyosung should make to leap to electric motorbikes rather than try and tweak/modify existing old designs to make them E4 compliant.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »

...Hyosung should make to leap to electric motorbikes ..

That could be interesting......given the reputation of their electrical systems!!  ;D

Death666wish_

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »

...Hyosung should make to leap to electric motorbikes ..

That could be interesting......given the reputation of their electrical systems!!  ;D
"Hello and welcome to korider.com! That's a great looking bike you've got there! Now to the important stuff, the first preventative mods you need to make is to replace the battery and motor!"
Climb the ladder of success!

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 12:21:29 AM »

A perfect summary.

Beautiful, but rubbish.

More like Hyosung would be to have a fantastic engine, a great battery and pubic hair joining the two together.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 01:22:17 AM »

I guess I will avoid them. Any suggestions?
Jap bike  ;D
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

archaz

• Learner rider
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 04:13:20 AM »

spit051261,

Had a Kawasaki 300 then, moved to KTM RC390 then added BMW G310GS and now GD250R. I would consider getting a Kawasaki 400 as soon as they get an inverted fork on it. I don't know what they were thinking when hey put an inverted fork on a lowly 125 but not on the 300/400. Even Yamaha is going that way in the R3 this year. Kawasaki regains the class with the 400 and drops the ball by not using an inverted fork. Maybe for the 2020 model.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »

spit051261,

Had a Kawasaki 300 then, moved to KTM RC390 then added BMW G310GS and now GD250R. I would consider getting a Kawasaki 400 as soon as they get an inverted fork on it. I don't know what they were thinking when hey put an inverted fork on a lowly 125 but not on the 300/400. Even Yamaha is going that way in the R3 this year. Kawasaki regains the class with the 400 and drops the ball by not using an inverted fork. Maybe for the 2020 model.

Not sure what your requirements are, with all your bikes being around the 300/400cc mark, but I changed my GT650 for a Honda CB500X (the adventure shaped one) - it's bliss!!

I also rented a Kawasaki Versys 650 in NZ - also fantastic, like a bigger 500X!!!

archaz

• Learner rider
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 10:59:56 PM »

I am just not looking for the heft and bulk of a larger bike. Not that I can't ride it while it is moving, it the stop that gives me a problem. Plus I am not trying to break the sound barrier.

I just can't bring myself to get a bike that does not have inverted forks anymore (unless it is a cruiser which I don't ride because the feet forward position makes me uncomfortable). I find it unbelievable that all the 125's (Grom, Z125, Benelli) all have inverte4d forks yet the big 4 still use regular forks. I can see the appeal that these bikes have to some as they are a glorified mini-bike/scooter and are fun to run around in. By mini-bike/scooter I mean 12" wheels. I would not even consider these to be beginner bikes or use one on a highway for this reason.

I am not bashing these bikes. They are great for certain purposes like commuting around campus, parks, city, stunts?, etc. Sorry I drifted to another topic.

The one thing Hyosung had the foresight to do was using the inverted forks in their small bikes before the big 4 even considered it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3