• January 19, 2019, 09:11:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well, that was interesting...  (Read 247 times)

Cruisa

• 2-Wheeled Nomad
  • Learner rider
Well, that was interesting...
« on: January 11, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »

So I'm out for a ride today, taking in the twisties of northern NSW. I've been out for about an hour and a half, riding nice and hard. I get to a technical bit full of climbing sharp turns, and my bike sputters and dies. Won't start but still turns over. I call my lady love and she's on her way out to me. I put more oil in when she arrived, it shouldn't have been the issue as I changed the oil a few weeks ago. Anyway, it was cold by then and after I put the oil in I tried to start it. It started and ran with the choke out but dies with the choke in or when I gave it any throttle. It then died with the choke out so I called it a day and organised getting it home.

I'm going to take the ****er apart, obviously, but has anyone experienced this or something like it before who can point me in the right direction? I'm gonna dump the oil to see how much is actually in there, check the filter as well and maybe put that bloody metal ring back in. I'm gonna check the fuel lines, maybe empty the tank and check there's no crap in it that shouldn't be there. Then I guess I'll have a look at the carby? Anyway, that's the plan, any help and/or advice is always welcome.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:25:14 AM by Cruisa »
I was going for the Peter Fonda look.
I ended up with the Dennis Hopper look.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Kiuvi599

• Training Wheels
Re: Well, that was interesting...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »

What bike is?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »

But of a advice,
If you want help , keep it short and to the point.
Lost interest after 20 lines  ::)
2010  GT650R in the best colour RED

Cruisa

• 2-Wheeled Nomad
  • Learner rider
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 02:22:06 AM »

So you go on a forum about a specific bike and lose interest after 20 lines? I'd hate to think what you must be like on the road. Feel free to piss off and keep unhelpful shit like that to yourself.

Also, Kiuvi599, it's obviously a gv250 carby model seeing as I've posted in the gv250 section and specifically mention looking at the carby.

Steller performance today folks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:24:34 AM by Cruisa »

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:26:44 AM »

Take a deep breath and.......
Right then , I was only giving advice .
You have only been here 5 minutes so my advice , again , is to calm down and watch the language .

Cruisa

• 2-Wheeled Nomad
  • Learner rider
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 08:19:28 AM »

The advice that you take the time to give when you can't take the time to read what I've written? Nah, that shit doesn't fly. Neither does the insinuation of some sort of pecking order based on how long one has been around the forum. And yeah, I'm an adult on a forum populated with adults, don't moderate my choice of words.

In other news, I've diagnosed and fixed the issue. I dumped the oil and checked the filter, it was all fine. I removed the tank and cleaned out the hoses, petcock, filter and pump. The filter was pretty clogged and once it was clean I cranked the starter to check the pump and all was fine so I reconnected the hoses and it fired right up. Happy days.

To those who've managed to get through 8 whole lines of text to get this far, I hope my experience is of help to you in the future. I figured that's what this forum is all about? Maybe I'm wrong...

spit051261

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »

That's pretty straight to the point  (unlike your other post  ::)) so seems like you did listen and take my advice , well done  ;D .
Looks like you are not a bonehead , lost cause after well  ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:33:52 AM by spit051261 »

archaz

• Learner rider
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:43 AM »

Cruisa,  I am not qualified to help you with your issue, that you also solved by yourself. It is just that if you are looking for help with a bike it is best to list the full info of your model say 2017 GD250R as there is also a 2017 GD250N which are basically the same but there are some differences. Year also makes a difference as carb from one set of years could be different for another.

I think people are just looking to clarify. Glad you got your issue solved, and I know it is frustrating when you have an issue and want to get is solved quickly.

Cruisa

• 2-Wheeled Nomad
  • Learner rider
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 11:03:36 PM »

So as well as having a short attention span, you're also a 'get the last word in' kinda guy. Fine. Sure, I took your advice and very much care about your opinion of me...

Archaz, next time I'll list the specific year, but I think the model should be obvious from the section of the forum I post in. Yes, it was satisfying to solve my issue. Just a little disappointed from the responses I got from a forum that I thought was here so we could help each other.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:35 PM »

G'day Cruisa,

It definitely does sound like it was leaning out, as evidenced by the choke.

Either not enough fuel, or too much air.

You've sorted the fuel, but have you had a look at the inlet manifold and other rubber hose bits? Nothing's popped loose, or split has it?

The whole assembly there is only clamped in place by the two rubber parts. Think about how heavy a carby and airbox assembly are. If you start riding through technical sections and you have lateral forces rocking the airbox side to side, plus you have a v-twin rocking things forwards and back, those rubber bits can fatigue and crack. Add a bit of fuel, a bit of rain, a sprinkle of pressure cleaning, some sun and some age ..let's face it, she's no spring chicken! Those rubber manifolds live a hard life.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Pages: [1] 2