• June 01, 2020, 07:37:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NEED HELP!!2001 Sense SD-50 problems  (Read 2189 times)

BenjieScoots

• Training Wheels
NEED HELP!!2001 Sense SD-50 problems
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:54:24 AM »

Ok folks, this 2001 Sense is beating the crap out of me. I have done all sorts of work on this scooter but am having problems with keeping it running. The bike will idle, but when i get on and ride, it gets to about half throttle then dies out rapidly (bogs down). It also doesn't idle very consistently. We have tried all sorts of fuel/idle configs but dont think its ever been perfect. I've also noticed the idle can get really high when changing the speed screw. I know its sensitive but seems really high, which makes me immediately want to lower it back down. I have a small Tachometer but am not sure it is functioning right, but im seeing numbers of 11k+ rpm when it spikes, which is scary correct? (has had stable idles around 2500 rpm so 11k seems crazy high)

Work done:
Completely replaced the transmission, variator and clutch assemblies. (with stock parts new, which is dumb I know)
New battery
New spark plug
Ripped carb off, cleaned super well. (what are stock jet sizes?)
Replaced all old fluids, with the good stuff.

The crankshaft and magneto rotor were damaged. (previous owner didn't tighten the nut -_-) So my dad did an amazing job machining the keyways to fit a much fatter key to make sure it locks. So we have played with the timing, thinking it might have been thrown off ever so slightly. seems to run better behind the timing line, but also starts in front of the timing line. I really don't think its a timing problem, but cant be ruled out for sure. 

At this point my father and I believe it could possibly be a CDI problem. If so, can I simply replace it with one of these "racing" de-restricted units? I cant seem to find one with with same 6 pin config. Found one with 5, which would fit the connector. Is the missing pin simply a lack of a restriction connection? If so which wire is the actual restriction wire? (solid blue wire is already cut on my bike but wouldn't line up with the missing pin)

Im sorry for the crazy long post, been meaning to join since this site has been a good resource. Any help would be great.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:24:06 AM by BenjieScoots »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Joss

• Grinding the pipes
    • Website
Re: NEED HELP!!2001 Sense SD-50 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 07:28:19 PM »

Standard aibox, filter, exhaust?

Ripped carb off, cleaned super well. (what are stock jet sizes?) 
I think the standard jet is a 65.

BenjieScoots

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »

Yes the bike is completely stock to my knowledge. Let's say previous owner put a bigger jet in there, would that be a reason to bog down once throttle is open? Of course I have no idea what's been done since 2001...

Joss

• Grinding the pipes
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »

Yes. What size is in there currently?

BenjieScoots

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 09:50:24 AM »

Honestly I do not know for sure, it doesnt seem to have any kind of markings indicating size like any new jet would, which would make me believe it is stock as well.

albertinhouston

• Grinding the pipes
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 08:33:45 PM »

I don't know anything about the scooters... It's a long shot but worth a shot anyway.
ON THE GT/GV250'S:
The tip of the slide needle goes into the bottom of the carb.. There is a silver "insert" pressed in the bottom of the carb. It sticks up just a little and can be seen looking into the carb.. on the 250 has to be aligned the correct way or it'll do exactly what you are talking about.  dies at any throttle.
There is a small dowel pin that keeps it the insert in correct position. If the dowel pushed in the insert can rotate and wont run correctly.
Its a long shot but worth a shot.

Pages: [1]