• April 21, 2018, 06:20:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's the difference between the XRX and RX  (Read 2795 times)

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
What's the difference between the XRX and RX
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »

I am planning to buy a trail bike soon and would like to know if there is any real difference between the RX 125and the XRX 125. To me they look the same other than the sticker, though it seems that I've heard more complaints about the RX not having power than the XRX, but that could be just different sources or something.

Josh

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

jongs

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://www.myspace.com/jongs420
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »

i am not 100% sure but i think it has something to do about where it is sold, mine is an xrx 125 and i'm in the uk but some german pictures i have seen have the rx sticker on them, there is no diffrence in the bikes though.

jongs

Chicken

• Regular rider
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »

Looking at the Hyosung UK website, the difference seems to be in the engine - the XRX has a single camshaft while the RX has the two camshafts - leading to the RX being 4kg heavier. Is the RX the successor to the XRX?

Power for the SOHC is listed as 11.3hp and the DOHC at 13hp. A 15% difference in power is significant but they're both weedy at the end of the day.

I have an RT125D so I know the DOHC engine and you can't ride it like you're in a hurry to get anywhere!
when do I stop being a Learner Rider?

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
what's your advice?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »

Thank you for the replies, It seems it depends on where you look gives different statistics for these bikes. example:
http://www.youngbiker.de/Hyosung_XRX_125_Enduros_Crosser_Supermotos.57.0.html?bikeid=49
shows the exact same engine as what they show the RX having, same power etc. (and that is different again than what Chicken Quoted) other sites show the weight anywhere from 116k, 120k, or 127k. I've seen power claims from in the 8's to almost 15. When I drove an RX last year, It could have been out of tune or something, but seemed way underpowered, which is what everyone seems to say about it. (I am comparing that with other 125cc bikes such as my Chinese made scooter that would run circles around it, and my former Chinese made (Jialing) trail bike that also was more powerful) On the other hand I hear from some of you and others that it's the fastest 125 around! If so, which engine/model, and what mods to get it there? (it seems the DOHC says '4 Valves' on the left side of the engine, but most pics are from the right)

I have the option to buy it new as is, and just live with it, or pay about $160 to have the distributer bore out the cylinder to 175cc, (Honda Tiger piston) which would probably have a compression of 9/1 instead of the 9.9/1 that is claimed on these engines.  Gas mileage is a factor also because of the small tank, as well as longevity and reliability.  (I also know of 2 used RX's for sale that have a Yamaha Scorpio piston put in that brings it to 202cc.)  

I will be taking it on a 280k round trip regularly into the jungle, though the first 80k is paved winding mountainous roads with little opportunity to exceed 80-100k, (though I would not want have slower than 80 as a top end.) The rest of the trip is quite rough rocky road and trails, sometimes steep. There is also at least one river to cross which is regularly knee deep, though the bottom is nice and hard. I take the trip fairly fast as I go and come back the same day. I did it regularly with the Jialing mentioned earlier and it did fine, though there were times more power would have been nice. I usually try to ride solo, but sometimes have a rider.

All that to say this: Will I be happy with the stock 125, or should I go for the upgrade?

Josh

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »

according to this, It seems that the SOHC has 4 valves on this bike, it that right?
http://www.hyosungmotors.co.kr/images/service/catalog/e_rx125.pdf
If that is true, how do you know if it is DOHC or SOHC? (are there any that are DOHC is the next question)

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 11:48:33 AM »

I also notice on the aforementioned pdf from Hyosung that the printed text all says RX 125 while the picture is blatantly an XRX. Perhaps Jongs is correct in that they are the same, though obviously there must be some variations by area or year to account for all the different numbers as was mentioned earlier.

Josh

jongs

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »

yeah all the recent xrx/rx's have 4 valve engines and no they are not double camshafts it is just two rocker arms on one (see pic)

my bike is well run in, 50 teeth on the back, removed airbox and raised carb needle thats the only real "performance" mods i have done to it and really have loads of fun on and off the road.

my bike is a 2001 XRX125 bought in the uk and is of the engine type in the picture

jongs

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:57 AM »

so in your opinion would I be happy with the bike as is (125cc)for the application mentioned above?

Josh

totheunreached

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »

Also, where did you find the great parts breakdown pic?

Josh

jongs

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »

the XRX will be perfect for what you describe, the front suspension is USD which is great for off-road and a hundred times better than anything they put on the jialing, i have taken my bike through mud,woodland,sand and ofcourse the highway and each time i had come away with a massive grin on my face, change the stock tyres for something more appropriate straight away and then the rest is up to your own taste and needs. this bke takes alot of shit and has never given me major troubles and its now on well over 15k miles(dunno what it is in km's i swapped my speedo over)

as for the diagrams , i have each part in exploded view like that, if you do get one i can send them all to you, they have helped me understand the bike more than anything else, i also have a wiring diagram its in german but you get the idea of what everything is.

hope that helped

jongs

Pages: [1] 2