• October 19, 2017, 02:56:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Like Carburetor 101 for the total Idiot?  (Read 60208 times)

connolly_p

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • http://
Like Carburetor 101 for the total Idiot?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:51:36 AM »

Thanks.  No probs RE: the 14T - I'll pick one up sometime down the track.

I remember how much my bike improved after the first service.  I couldn't believe it at the time - swapping to the 13T at the same time would have made the difference even more noticeable.
250GT Comet

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

BeAR

• Regular rider
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 04:05:36 AM »

It just seems to rev a little better.   Fresh oil obviously helps.
FOUND - One Beagle puppy.  Brown in colour, very friendly, has a little crooked tail.......tasted like chicken.

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 10:46:20 PM »

Changing the Jets GT/GV 250 all

Image 10

Look at Image 3 and you will see that you can remove all 8 screws with the carbs installed on the bike.

Use a 8mm box end to remove the jet/holder as a unit. Place in a vice to separate the jet from the holder to prevent damage to both; note an "O" ring is inside do not lose.
Use the correct size flat blade screwdriver to prevent marring the jet/ is can be damaged easily.

More to come

Next Project FI for the GT250 and 650

Fuel Injection…

If you are thinking of Mega Squirt for FI check out this one

http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13119

Ride safe
Mike on the rock

Ride safe
Mike on the rock

www.seaies.com
즉시 복제품 저녁식사 개
And above all, remember that this info is worth exactly what you paid
for it.
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

BeAR

• Regular rider
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 01:04:47 AM »

Looks good Mike.   So I guess I only have to remove the fairing on the left side of the bike and leave the carbies in place?   This is great news, it should only take about 30-60 mins to do then?   Cant wait for the rest.
Cheers,
Gary.
FOUND - One Beagle puppy.  Brown in colour, very friendly, has a little crooked tail.......tasted like chicken.

BeAR

• Regular rider
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:02 AM »

Oh and one other question........if there is a carby for each cylinder, why are the factory jets different sizes?  wouldnt it make sense to have the same fueling for each?  I thought the 2 cylinders would need to be ballanced so to speak.  Just thinking out loud.

Stardust

• Training Wheels
Hyosung Buyer
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »

Hi all

I am busy buying a Hyosung GT250R.  Unfortunately we don't have stock available now, but they are expecting a shipment early February.

I live in South Africa.

I had a TZR125RS and was involved in an accidnet early December 2005.  My baby was written off, so I have to get a replacement for it.  I researched every possible motorbike as replacement for mine.  The only bike that comes close to what I had is the Hyosung GT250R.  I used to get 155km out of my TZR125 and then it could not got any faster.  It was a 2-stroke, so that would explain the extra top end speed.

I only weigh 50kg, so I cannot upgrade to the 650 or any other 600 as I only started riding March 2005.  It will be difficult for me to cope with a heavy bike.  The only option I really have is to buy the GT250R.

Nobody can tell me what the top speed of the GT250R is, as they only recently started selling it here.

Can anyone please give me that info.

Thanx

BeAR

• Regular rider
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »

Ive had mine to 150kmh although I didnt look at the tacho to see what RPM it was doing at the time.   Im 6'4" and weigh 120kg so you should be FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
I read that top speed is 170kmh but I cant remember where I saw it.

Stardust

• Training Wheels
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »

Thanx Bear

I have read through most of these things with my husband whom knows quite a lot about bikes.  Can you perhaps tell me what would be best to consider to get some more top end and perhaps a few more horses out of this baby.

I am also wondering about the warranty and how that will be affected if one should make any changes.  We only get a 1 year, unlimited mileage warranty when buying.

I see that you have made a lot of changes and that is why I would appreciate some info from you (or anyone else that actually made changes).

BeAR

• Regular rider
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »

New Pipe and re jetting would seem to be the answer there.  
Also modify the airbox to allow better airflow.

Stardust

• Training Wheels
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 07:51:53 AM »

Thanx for the info.  I need to know what pipe to put on there. Also, if anyone can give me websites or links as to where to import it from as I am living in South Africa and would have to import it.  We do not, as yet, have stock of all the nice goodies that one can use to upgrade here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16