• December 18, 2017, 06:07:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GT125R - 120kmh \o/ / loses a bit in 5th  (Read 2596 times)

alz0r

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://
GT125R - 120kmh \o/ / loses a bit in 5th
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »

Well, lovely riding in .nl today bit windy tho. Going out on the road fron Wassener to Haarlem got the girl up to 120kmh, this was about 10k rpm in 5th.

The one thing I noticed was that in 4th she can red line eaisly, drop it into 5th, and it takes a bit of balance on the throttle to get it upto speed. Just wacking it open will almost make it slow down ! Wierd huh - I think this is down to air/fuel mixture, which should be resolved
when the air filter and carb gets rejetted. I'm going to be specific and ask them to make sure it accelerates all the way thru, i honestly thing it will do 130/135kmh  :twisted:

What I feel has changed in the bike is that its really loosened up since hitting the 2k mark. Not sure if the exhaust is helping, but it sounds sweet, esp in 3rd when i throttle back. Also my confidence in taking her thru bends really gives me a big thrill !

Hope im not boring you to tears, but just thought I would share that this is a great bike and it can go quite a reasoble speed.
Looking forward to losing some weight (myself) and getting the new airfilter in. :twisted:  :twisted:

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

sweeney20

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:26:17 PM »

So what diet are you going on alzor? Atkins? Weight watchers? Or simply the stop eating McDonalds diet? lol

5th gear may be geared like that for cruising, so banging it into 5th you cant really red-line, making for a good fuel efficient cruising gear!  :P
i love kath xx

alz0r

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 07:52:01 AM »

The 'not buying beer/eating loads' - aitkins looks lethal.
My main problem is beer and food. Having a beer machine at home with beer on tap and then lots of good resteraunts around here.
Wife is a very good cook as well. I attempted to get my scanner working yesterday but couldnt (Linux) and I willl scan a pic of me when i married me mrs (15 years ago now) and now haha.
I might even rest the (motorbike) and save it for weekends, taking the bike into work instead... Really want to get the weight off for the sponsorship more than anything, oh and me sex life hahah
Intresting about the 5th gear idea for cruising.. I dont know enough about gear boxes, but personally think its either CDI or not setup with power but economy .. will see after next weekend !!
Will be great to meet you one day sweeny, quite tempted to hop over on the ferry later in the summer...
Maybe we can start arranging a GT125/250 meet up in England in July or August ?? Must be some worthwile biking event to goto ?
New Thread ? :)

sweeney20

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:58 PM »

Always up for a laugh!  :twisted:

I know exactly what you mean about the sex life alzor,..... what sex life? I think kids are the problem mate, once you've had a kid with your mrs, she finds your c**k repulsive, or is it just my mrs? lol ! :|

Hey i saw a hyo 125 earlier in the week in swansea, i was amazed lol, the bloke looked dwarfed on it! was in red, nice as. . ..

Not sure on the biking events myself alzor, been off a  bike for the past 11 months, had a nasty crash on my old tzr250, still waiting for the compensation money to get the hyo250!

Im not sure if hyo would bother to retard the ignition in fifth gear, as it would a) give hyo a bad rep, b) retarding ignition is generally done to produce less performance/emissions for emission control :), but i may be wrong! Or the 125 simply just doesnt have the power/rpm range to pull any more? <- more feasible :)

What sponsorship?

ps: linux sucks, unbuntu sucks (best one, still sucks), unix sucks, some may laugh but im a windows man through and through mwhwhahahahaha  :oops:
i love kath xx

jongs

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://www.myspace.com/jongs420
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:49:12 AM »

you cant beat windows .

jongs

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »

Welcome to geeksville
http://ubuntuforums.org/
Put on yer spec's and wooly jumper, pull up a copy Micromart and grab a can of Coke Zero and enjoy.

Couldn't get past the log-on page without having open up a command line window, download update and then download edgy upgrade - WTF  :wink:

Now my Nvidia drivers don't work bahhhaahh - and what about wireless networking

F**k this - back to Windows  :wink:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

alz0r

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »

heh - i much prefer a un*x os anyday, i remember using slackware in 95, now thats what you call geekdom, just getting X (Graphical Display) working was an effort. You want SOUND ! lol, yeah Linux has come along way in 10 years !
I have several windows boxes around the place for various stuff, mostly i use Linux 99% of the time (and just rdesktop when needed)
Anyhow, 2 more days and the bike goes in for the rejet ! Off to Munich for a week, then its back to TUNEDUP HYO \o/

alz0r

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 10:07:55 PM »

Well she's in the good hands of Mike at Bulman's now.. Im looking forward to a week in munich and returning to tuned hyo glory :D

sweeney20

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »

Why are you going to munich?  :?
i love kath xx

alz0r

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 07:58:26 AM »

Training - the delights of IP Telephony.. 4 days.. I'm on a sponsored diet to help the blind in Africa, so no beer/saugages.. its going good tho ! 5 kilos lost already :D :D Got another 1.5 week to go, so reckon I should raise about 3/400 euros :D

Pages: [1] 2