• September 25, 2017, 03:58:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: How to post pictures...  (Read 24561 times)

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
Re: How to post pictures...
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 06:37:56 PM »

It seems to work OK for me if just loading and copying a picture or two, but when making an album or changing the order of photos and adding titles, as I've been trying to do with an album of my kit car construction, it just bogs down, and changes only seem to work intermittently.

It also changes/pops up to a gambling site after starting loading, although this can be closed and doesn't happen again.  Occasionally it'll pop back to the start page with links to various themes or other albums, and I think the commercial side of the site is getting preference over the 'free user'.

I've been offered paid use to avoid pop-ups, but who pays for sites like this these days??

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 11:23:31 AM »

Is anyone else having problems with Photobucket sucking a$$ right now?

Just been posting my magazine article this morning - it took FOREVER to get the two scans onto Photobucket, with constant advert pop ups around the edge of the screen, and loading of both scans stopping at 90% a couple of times.  It takes an age for the pages to generate when you move around your libraries too.  >:(

May be time to move to another host!!   Trouble is there is so much in there I'd want to move....  :(

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »

What are ads? You see ads on the internet?? The only place I see ads is on bilboards when I am driving.

Those cheeky phuckers. What'll they think of next? displaying ads on a person's own computer.. I own my PC and I decide if I want to be bombarded with advertising.

..incidentally, I also decided to use Firefox and load the AdBlock Plus plugin as well as a youtube cleaner that I forget the name of.

If you use Chrome, you are feeding the beast that Google has become. In the beginning, when Google first came to market, their corporate moto was 'Do no evil'. Now, they boil you down to a profile and sell your personal info, against your wishes, protected by non-negotiable EULAs to whom ever they want. ..I'd call that pretty evil.

Ads are a decision. Decide.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

AJC650

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »

I'm 63 - that's all f*cking Greek to me!!  ;D

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »

..incidentally, I also decided to use Firefox and load the AdBlock Plus plugin as well as a youtube cleaner that I forget the name of.

I agree, standard home users should be using ABP and host file mods.

If you want to step it up a notch you could have your firewall do it, look into something like pfSense with MITM + SSL inspection. All for free and works a treat.

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »

Interesting.

I wonder if I can turn a Pi into a pfSense device?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »

Interesting.

I wonder if I can turn a Pi into a pfSense device?

Technically possible but not recommended. OpenWRT is more Pi friendly but I've not used it. I probably wouldn't want caching and inspection of my data on something fragile like a Pi with one NIC. Typically you want a dedicated NIC for WAN, LAN and W/LAN.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:39:06 PM by Joss »

umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »

I checked it out. Apparently pfSense doesn't do ARM architecture, so the RPi and other embedded ARM stuff like routers etc are not (easily) usable, so dd/openwrt are out too. I'd have to dig an old box from out of the shed.

Joss

• Scraping the pegs
    • Website
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »

I checked it out. Apparently pfSense doesn't do ARM architecture, so the RPi and other embedded ARM stuff like routers etc are not (easily) usable, so dd/openwrt are out too. I'd have to dig an old box from out of the shed.

openwrt is working fine:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/raspberry_pi_foundation/raspberry_pi

Any basic x86 should be fine with a little ram and nics. SSL inspection can be quite CPU/RAM heavy so that would rule the Pi out anyway. If you want to cache any data (things like windows updates etc) then you will want a slightly larger hard disk.

We've probably hijacked this thread so if your serious about setting it up, maybe its time we create a geek section on Korider  ;D

JoeB

• Learner rider
  • Big Circles Little Circles
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2017, 07:56:22 AM »

My Ride 2012 GT650R,  Custom Colour scheme seats, Dash, Yoshi pipe, Bazzaz Fuel Mapper
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:44:22 PM by JoeB »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8