• October 23, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: H.E.L. Lines  (Read 898 times)

ajiribarren

• Learner rider
H.E.L. Lines
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »

For all of you who have installed H.E.L. lines, how many lines did your kit include for a full brake (front and rear) set?

I received mine yesterday and I have three lines but it seems I will need 4 lines. I have a 07 GT650 Naked Version.

So far Ive seen I need:

1 line from the front brake master cylinder to a T-shaped coupling in the front fork.
1 line from that coupling to the front left caliper.
1 line from that coupling to the front right caliper.
1 line from the rear master cylinder to the rear caliper.

I'm missing something here? Do thes lines install differently?

Hope u guys can help me out.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

GT650R_Chris

• Training Wheels
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »

From what I have seen with the HEL lines you dont need the T-piece anymore. You run one line to each of your front calipers straight from the master cylinder (there should be a longer bolt that screws into your master cylinder that can accpet 2 brake line ends) - and then you have the single for the rear.
Yellow GT650R, Eagle Screen, Screaming Demon Pipe, BMC Air Filter, EBC Pads, AIS Block Off, Lowered 2", Fender Mod

rljetsetradio

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • http://
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »

^ i believe this man speaks the truth!

Nate

• Grinding the pipes
    • http://www.alternativecruisers.com
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »

Not sure about the specifics of your kit, but other kits sometimes use one line to the right caliper and then a longer bolt there with a line running to the other side over and behind the fender.
Nate

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »

Two separate lines - one to each calliper with the longer bolt    :wink:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

ajiribarren

• Learner rider
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:04 PM »

Thanks guys, my kit came with no instructions whatsoever so I was wondering. I have two lines of equal length and one shorter, copper washers and 5 bolts if my memory serves me well.

After closer inspection I found one of the bolts to have two holes and longer than the others so I guess GT650R_Chris post might be correct.

Just hope the lines are long enough since I have a naked version, and the handlebar is higher than the clipons.

Thanks for all your input.

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »

If the line are a stretch when you fit them you may have a problem.  Don't forget, as you accelerate the forks are longer than when stationary.  Some slack is needed
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

ajiribarren

• Learner rider
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »

Well, my suspicions were true... the lines are just too short!!!!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I just measured them tonight and there's no way they reach the calipers once conected to the master cylinder or viceversa.

Do you guys think I'll be able to return them? Shall I deal directly with H.E.L?

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »

You should be able to return them.  Did you tell the seller that you had a Comet.  

I had mine made for me.
Jerry Garcia

ajiribarren

• Learner rider
H.E.L. Lines
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 12:19:08 AM »

Quote from: "newbymick"
You should be able to return them.  Did you tell the seller that you had a Comet.  

I had mine made for me.

Newbymick, I sure did! I specified I had a naked GT650, black.

The problem is that my seller was John from Meek's Motorsports (or what used to be Meek's Motorsports). Since they went out of business, I might have to speak directly with H.E.L. So far I sent them an e-mail without any response. Hope to be able to talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks

Pages: [1] 2