• December 18, 2017, 11:13:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: how do u adjust the clutch cable?  (Read 2697 times)

leonidas

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://www.korider.com
how do u adjust the clutch cable?
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »

....how do u adjust the clutch cable?
black 2006 gt250r, screaming demon exhaust, fender eliminator, LED's

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

omrimon

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
    • http://www.myspace.com/omrimon
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »

One way of adjusting the clutch is from the level side, the other from the engine side.

Remove the boot covering the clutch lever, undo the locking nut and turn the nut until you start feeling a little more pressure on the lever, hope this helps.

leonidas

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »

thanks man, ill go give it a try

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
adjustment of the clutch
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 05:56:52 AM »

Clutch and finding Natural

On the Gear Shift Drum [part # 25310HJ8200] there is a “STOPPER, gear shift cam neutral” [part # 25351-30010], this is what locks out neutral when you are driving the bike, with out this you would have to shift twice to go from first to second gear.

This “Stopper” is a pain unless everything is set correct; the clutch is the main trouble, as any drag will keep the stopper locked out of neutral.

To adjust the Clutch: (page 47 Owner’s Manual)

1st) at the handle bar end turn the adjuster and lock nut all the way in [clockwise], this will make the cable loose.

2nd) at the engine end of the cable take up the slack in the clutch cable, this is where you should do the adjustment; use the adjustment on the handle bar just to take up the normal stretch in the cable.

3rd) check the gear shift linkage for binding and free play.

Clutch ware and slippage:

First do not use any oil other that normal 20/40-engine oil, as the mythic oils will not work with this clutch material.
If the clutch is not adjusted correctly you will get clutch slippage.
Under normal usage you should get at least 60,000k or a lot more on a set of plates. High clutch ware is normal with new riders, but usually not requiring new plates.
Slipping at a specific RPM is very strange; as usually once a clutch starts to ware it will slip at all RPM’s.
There is an adjustment in the clutch (part # 09134-06010), pages ‘ENGINE 3-42/3-43’ explain this adjustment. Note if the springs are bad replace them, but this is very uncommon, I have only replaced the springs on one very old Exive.

Hope this helps
Ride safe
Mike on a rock
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

leonidas

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:16:16 AM »

thanks mike

Chips

• Training Wheels
Re: how do u adjust the clutch cable?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

Hi I have a GV650 and when you pull away from standing sharpish at the lights the clutch makes a squeal/grinding sound for a a second or two, but other than the lever being a bit stiffer than other bikes and sometimes 3/4 gear can be an uneasy change it works reasonably ok, I just had the clutch replaced by a backyarder mechanic., who I am not too happy with. First he rebuilt the motor and gave it back with a loose drive belt pulley which chewed up the clutch, again I gave it back as it was running like a hay baler, he said he rechecked the spark delivery and the timing  and he returned it, still not running hardly. I put it into a shop and the carbi manifold was loose and blowing gasses (No wonder it wouldnt run without dieing?)

xuraax

• Training Wheels
Re: how do u adjust the clutch cable?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »

My issue with the clutch is that after 2 hour drive in reasonable warm weather it is hard to disengage first gear to put it into neutral. This happens mostly when I have to stop suddenly in traffic and the bike is at a standstill. On the move there is no issue with gear change.

At start up, when cold, I also have no issues.

Any ideas?

Pages: [1]