• April 28, 2017, 03:23:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Looking Back & Moving Forward  (Read 7323 times)

ELGEBEE

• Training Wheels
Looking Back & Moving Forward
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »

In reference to the post below, found here:

http://www.korider.com/forum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8271

Quote from: "Mike on the Rock"
Hi wildfire

Welcome to the club, but you are the first that I know with two engines failed on the same bike.

Question: was the first engine rebuilt or replaced.
yours is a 2006 GT650?

Hi, remember me? Apparently not. Because i'd talked to you directly about the 2 engine failures i'd had in & outside of this forum & you'd also viewed (& commented) regarding some online 'content' of my story. Interesting.

This post ^ is what caused me to re-sign up on this forum. Trust me though i'm not really here to comb over what i went through.

--------------------------------

After i got rid of my hyo there was little question as to what my next bike would be. A Honda.

Before i talk about that though, i'd also like to add that he & i are not the only people to have multiple blown engines on a GT650R.

My last 'departure' from this forum i was really pissed off & i do apologize for that. Reasonably i can understand the reaction from Skadamo.

PLENTY of time has went by now & that's no accident. I wanted enough time, blown engines & problems to go by to make it clear that i was not an exception.

I damn near had every single problem ever posted here regarding the GT650R.

Don't forget who was the first person on this forum to post an actual picture of a GT650R. I'm also fairly positive i was the first on this forum to buy one (05)

I held off for months & said nothing about the problems i'd been having to save the face of the forum & Hyosung. But when (i'm assuming) Skadamo started to wonder why i'd not really posted much (he asked) i started to flat out tell him & the forum what was really going on.

Granted i was rude & times and quite blunt, but you gotta cut me a little slack at least, i went through a whole hell of a lot.

Anyways i'm gonna cut the soap box off here and start talking about what i was originally (eventually) planning on posting about.

That's the Honda.

I can't express the difference on a forum. It's amazing. ~3mo & after saving money i went out and bought an 07 600RR.

14k miles later guess how many problems i've had?

ZERO - Not kidding, Not exaggerating.

I've ridden it across multiple states, 2k+ mile road trip, in the snow, mud gravel freeway mountains twisties big cities even on track you name it i've ridden the Honda through it. Reliably.

& I FINALLY got to ride with my dad, which the Hyo put a 2 year hold on. I can't tell you how much that meant to me and how badly i wanted to do that & how long the Hyosung put that off.

That was at least half the reason i even bought a bike in the first place. Can't tell you how depressed i was for 2 years while 'battling'.

The Honda is amazing & i'm confident this thing will last as long as i want or need it to. All i've ever done is oil changes, replaced the front pads once, & tires. Literally.

Oh and that thing scared the bejezus out of me when i first got it, i caught my front wheel off the ground out of first gear a few times.

All is well now, my moto life is changed for the better & for good. I'll never purchase a non-major brand of bike again.

Changing gears slightly.

Guys, you probly bought a Hyosung for the same reason i did. We're not rich & the temptation of a brand new bike that seems like a good deal was just too hard to pass by. Trust me i understand.

But may i suggest, if you can wait, 3-4 maybe even 5 months and save a little bit more for a down payment on a Honda (or really any of the big 4's) .. again can't express how 'worth it' it really is. (new 07's = cheaper now btw)

If you just can't wait or you just can't save enough money start hunting on craigslist or whatever ~local online posting site to find a big 4 used. Any of the big 4's 02+ or newer you really can't go wrong. Including an SV650, which i have since ridden too. 01 F4i isn't bad either (rode that too) If nothing else, consider the 08 kawa 250, it's had a couple minor recalls but again.. let this post be your saving grace.

I know there's a few people here with 15 *maybe* 20k miles on their (05 or better) Hyo's but i'm telling you i don't buy it. Not that i don't believe the mileage is possible. But what this comes down to is what i'd said a year+ ago. If you RIDE a hyosung like a sports bike (or extensively) it will break. Oh, & there's no question as to the non-stock build (& maintenance) of the ~2-3 Hyosungs on track(s).

Under no circumstance would i suggest a Hyosung to anyone. It's actually a ~long-time running joke now in diff forums & chats that i frequent. Not because of my story, but i've since met multiple people (+/-locally) who've owned 250's & 650 Hyos. If they aren't in denial they're prepping to get rid of it. The only exception i can think of was this one guy i met with an older (04?) Comet.

No one knows how hard it is to admit you bought a brand new POS better than i do. I could barely look anyone in the face if they ever asked anything regarding functionality or reliability. (post getting over denial)

Trust me, i had my tail between my legs for a long time.

- Oh and i've been watching this forum closely since my 'departure'.

I might update or post more.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

pesqueezo

• Learner rider
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:07:54 PM »

Sounds like the soap box got stuck on repeat :roll:  ..If your so over Hyo's then why don't you keep your speel's for your beloved Honda forum  :idea:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

ELGEBEE

• Training Wheels
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »

Hey man, sorry if it did mow over a little soapy. Tried to stay on the fence.

sdevante

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »

Wow...that was really ****ing random. lol
2008 Yellow GT250R w/ lots of stuff done.

usmcobra

• The Cafe Racer
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

I have a Gay Brother, he rides a Honda.

GRREASE

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:27:41 AM »

Quote from: "usmcobra"
I have a Gay Brother, he rides a Honda.

i go to hondas website and what is the firstthing i see

http://honda.ca/default
Some of the best stunts(and stories) start with Here, hold my beer and watch this

beaviskob1

• Scraping the pegs
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 03:03:39 AM »

So he had problems so they are ALL bad? :roll:
GOT PARTS ?   Dealers maybe ?  Richard does  !!!!
Did I mention I love my GV but am beginning to loath my dealer?

Mike on the Rock

• Forum Addict
  • Mesa Arizone where it nevers snows
    • www.seaies.com
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 03:35:26 AM »

Hi ELGEBEE

Welcome back and I got confused over the names. Glad you got a Honda, my 125 NX is still running strong, never had anything go wrong with it.  As for my Hyosungs, all of them are running, but then I do all my own repairs.
Ride safe Mike on the Rock
All my Rides are Naked.

http://seaies.com
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford

Speedemon07

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

Eh we will see I keep u guys updated on my bike...I think it will hold I am going to keep faith. As I ride my bike about 300ish miles a week about atleast so Its been strong so far with about a bit over 1100 now on it
2007 Black UM V2S-650R, Dowco Saddle Bags, Things wanting to add: Fender Eliminator, rim tape, Tank Protectors, Hugger, and a tinted double bubble screen.

stigger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 06:22:53 AM »

Quote from: "beaviskob1"
So he had problems so they are ALL bad? :roll:
How is it that every time yet another owner posts about how shitty their bike has been and how Hyo have done **** all to sort it some smart alec pipes up as if the guys the only one.

Talk about ****ing denial or what...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11