• October 22, 2018, 12:04:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No Cold Start  (Read 906 times)

django

• Training Wheels
No Cold Start
« on: June 27, 2008, 06:59:49 PM »

Hello All

I have a 1 year old GT125R, 4,000 miles on the clock. Recently the bike will not start from cold on the electric starter. The battery is fully charged, engine turns quickly, but will not fire.
The bike can be bump started in 2nd. gear easily, letting the clutch out, after only running 10yards or so and runs fine when it does fire up.
Subsequent starting on the electric starter, once the engine is warm, is fine.
Spark plugs are originals.

Any ideasw.

Thanks and regards
Django

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

KID

• Learner rider
No Cold Start
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

Hi Django.Do you pull the choke?It's a must when you try to cold start it.Pull the clutch,and then hold the start button untill it starts,oh yeah,I forgot,no gas,don't give it any gas because it will get you to much gasoline in the cylinders and the spark plugs will get wet,and that's not a good thing.
Created by Hyosung,modified by me!

django

• Training Wheels
No Cold Start
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »

Yes I used the choke. The bike used to always start first or second time, full choke and no throttle. Now I've tried full choke, half choke, touch of throttle but the motor just spins and will not fire. But it starts instantly when bump-started and runs fine afterwards. I'm going to try some new spark plugs and see what happens.

Django

FionaD

No Cold Start
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »

Hi Django,

Have you had your bike long?  I got my GT125 a couple of months ago (it's 2003) and had the same problem where the engine just wouldn't catch when it was cold.  What finally worked was using the throttle rather than the choke to get the engine to catch and keep the throttle open to 2-2.5k rpm and slowly adjust the choke to let your hand off the throttle.  I have the throttle slightly open before you hit ignition and it will catch if you open the throttle slightly more for the ticking over to hold and get going.  It would take about 3 mins to finally warm up to get a move on but patience is a virtue  :) .

You've probably tried it and no doubt get very frustrated but once you've found that knack on the cold start you can investigate from there.

django

• Training Wheels
No Cold Start
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

FionaD

Thanks. I'll give your suggestion a try. I've had the bike for a year, from new, always started on full choke no throttle until last week.
Once it's warm there is no problem, starts first time but cold...no go. Bump-starts immediately though so it's a bit of a puzzle.

Django

FionaD

No Cold Start
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:17:45 AM »

See how it goes mate, I have the same problem, with the warmer weather it's starting fine, its just the cold starts.  I've just put it down to the characteristics of the bike.
I just seen the list of probs you've had with your Hyo since you've had it on another thread.  Really sorry to hear it.  You must be thinking you've bought a French car and not a Korean bike  :lol:

Pages: [1]