• July 25, 2017, 05:34:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Radiator Guards  (Read 22063 times)

KristinK

• Scraping the pegs
    • http://www.myspace.com/hyosilver
Radiator Guards
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »

I received a sample radiator guard from mikesgrilles.com.  I didn't have a chance to put it on yet but I'll put the pics up when I do.  I was suprised at just how beat up my radiators gotten!  I e-mailed the guy to see if he made them for Hyos because his are not crazy expensive & he said he's made a couple awhile ago & if I'd send him pics of it on my bike for his site & let him know about fit he'd send me a freebie.  BTW, he's in the UK but shipped to me here in US.  (I told him I'd give him a plug on the forum!)
2005 GT650S/Bruce Fabrications Exhaust/14-tooth Sprocket/LSL Racing Pegs/Flush-mount Front Signals/DIY Tinted Windscreen/DIY Fender Eliminator

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

maddragon9

• Learner rider
    • http://www.l2-darktribunal.com
Radiator Guards
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:15:54 AM »

get me a sampel too please i want to see the pic

Felony

• Forum Addict
Radiator Guards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

Definitely post pics. and prices.  Dodging all of the bugs and whatnot is starting to wear me out :wink: I would like to have something there to protect the radiator.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Some people are like Slinkies, they really aren't good for anything, but they sure do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

KristinK

• Scraping the pegs
installed...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »

OK guys-I installed the radiator cover yesterday (I shouldn't say install-it took all of 5 minutes!) & I got the gold anodized.  I think it looks pretty good!  I was going to go with the powder-coated black but decided the gold would stand out with all the silver/black on the bike.  Here are the before & after pics... If you want to order one go to Mikesgrilles.com.  Prices on the site are in pounds.  E-mail him for the exact price I guess.  I could be wrong but I think they're about $90 USD & that includes shipping from the UK.  They come in powder-coated silver, red & green in addition to the black & gold.
Let me know what you think...
BEFORE INSTALLATION...

AFTER!...

2005 GT650S/Bruce Fabrications Exhaust/14-tooth Sprocket/LSL Racing Pegs/Flush-mount Front Signals/DIY Tinted Windscreen/DIY Fender Eliminator

KristinK

• Scraping the pegs
sample
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »

maddragon9- He only sent me the sample to check fitment & for pictures to use on his website.  Sorry but you'll have to buy one if you want one.

bikerpind

• Svendborg, Denmark
  • Goodbye chickenstrips!
Radiator Guards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Looks good in gold - much better than the chrome ones I've seen on Ebay.

usmcobra

• The Cafe Racer
  • Forum Addict
Radiator Guards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

That is sweeet looking.

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Radiator Guards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »

That looks like well worth the money.  My rad is getting well marked up and, like he says on his website -

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if a small stone or other object hit your water or oil radiator at 120MPH. Big BANG. OH SH#T!!"

Moderators - do you think that this product should have a place on the Home pag, or at least a sticky
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Radiator Guards
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:56:58 PM »

BTW Kirsten - Think I'll have to pop over to 'merica and show you how to get rid of them chicken strips.  They're bigger than Cobby's  

Get off the freeway and get onto the twisty bits babe

Mick S

BTW - did you invite Mikesgrills to Korider  :wink:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves."
Jerry Garcia

newbymick

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
  • Great uncle Jesse
Radiator Guards
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »

Moderator Zoran - all mighty moderbator of Koriding

This needs moving to the Picture section - ME THINKS
Jerry Garcia

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7